The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Not a Robot
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new set of MK Standard Setup Wheels. They sell for $1895 new.

Asking $1500

I’m a new member on LT, but have been involved with motorsports for decades. I have other enthusiast forum accounts with years of history and feedback, including that major online auction site.

Attachments

·
Not a Robot
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so I am going to be that guy, trying to answer the question on This Old House,
what is this??

I literally have no idea what those are. Enlighten me please.

Thanks,
Henry
Henry, all of us are that guy at one time. Happy to enlighten you.

Setup Wheels allow for precise alignment adjustments without wheels and tires mounted on the car, allowing for unrestricted access to the suspension. Significant time and energy (and knuckle buster) saver. Click link below.

MK Technologies - Setup Wheels

·
Super Moderator
6,574 Posts
Ok, so I am going to be that guy, trying to answer the question on This Old House,
what is this??

I literally have no idea what those are. Enlighten me please.

Thanks,
Henry
The four holes at the "top" are where your wheel studs fit into (without the wheels of course). Your car is then up in the air on these "wheel" stands, and then you do your car/alignment work. I've seen them before but have never used them.

San

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey!

They are (nice looking) hub stands for alignment work. Hub stands give clear access to adjustment bolts and these look to have rollers so the suspension can move freely without having the bounce the car.

I could use a set of these, but they're way down on my 'to do' list at the moment.

Cheers,
Bryan

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
I have a brand new set of MK Standard Setup Wheels. They sell for $1895 new.

Asking $1500

I’m a new member on LT, but have been involved with motorsports for decades. I have other enthusiast forum accounts with years of history and feedback, including that major online auction site.
James,

Do you know what tire diameter that these will adjust to?

Thanks,
Eldon

·
Not a Robot
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
James,

Do you know what tire diameter that these will adjust to?

Thanks,
Eldon
Hey Eldon,

Max diameter adjustment for these setup wheels is 25 1/4". On the rear, we run 225/45 17 streets (25" unloaded), and 230/625 17 slicks (24.4" unloaded).

Good question...Thanks!

:)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts