The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
This kind goes on the outside of the console right? I bought a custom one with orange stitching from <I forget where> along with a matching shift boot, it goes on the inside but doesn't stay in longer than 2 pulls of the handle. Would be all over this if it had orange stitching.. Good price!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
This kind goes on the outside of the console right? I bought a custom one with orange stitching from <I forget where> along with a matching shift boot, it goes on the inside but doesn't stay in longer than 2 pulls of the handle. Would be all over this if it had orange stitching.. Good price!
This looks like the inside console version. The outside one has a plastic structure on the base. PM me if you want a link to where I just found a supply

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Now that this item is sold I don't feel like I'm hijacking the thread...

RedLine Goods (located in Poland) is an excellent source of custom leather accessories for your car. I ordered a custom Alcantara shift and brake boot with matching Bordeaux red stitching on my Composite Worx seats. I also ordered a pair of nice seat belt covers. Their prices are reasonable and their service is very good.

Lotus Elise 2005-13 shift boot - RedlineGoods leather shift boot store

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
RedLine is where I got the e-brake boot that doesn't work quite right... It looks and feels great, just doesn't stay where it's supposed to. Did you get the e-brake boot to stay in the hole? I asked them if they could make an extra-long one that I could modify like the OEM one that goes on the outside and they said 'try this one first'... By the time I tried it, it was months later. I read someone glued theirs in, but it looks like it would still bunch up and / or rip out..? Or make it difficult to remove / install the console..

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
RedLine is where I got the e-brake boot that doesn't work quite right... It looks and feels great, just doesn't stay where it's supposed to. Did you get the e-brake boot to stay in the hole? I asked them if they could make an extra-long one that I could modify like the OEM one that goes on the outside and they said 'try this one first'... By the time I tried it, it was months later. I read someone glued theirs in, but it looks like it would still bunch up and / or rip out..? Or make it difficult to remove / install the console..
GAITER-HANDBRAKE (Elise S2) [A120V0172J] - €80.59 : Elise Shop, Performance parts for your Lotus Elise

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.