The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tickets went on sale this morning, enter through COTA site, F1 site still does not list as open. I got Turn 15 row 33; beats last yrs T 6

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Julian, there will be a decent contingency coming up from Cali. We should try to do a catch-up at some point. BTW, did you go last year? Wondering if the local Lotus dealership or LCU does any kind of track meet and greet event for Lotus owners? I know wishful thinking, but thought I'd ask anyway.

·
Illegal Alien
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would be good for us the have a Lotus rendezvous. The Lotus of Austin dealer did do some things but they seemed to be for the week earlier, which was of no value to us out-of- towners. While I live in Texas, it is almost as far to Austin as it is for you in California. Yes, did go last year. Was a fantastic race, this year should be even better as the facilities should be completed. Last year the infrastructure was in but the far end of the track (towards turn 11) was a big dust bowl as grass was not laid.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Good to hear Julian. Well, most of us are actually coming in early on Thursday. So, if something comes up, let us know.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I have tickets on turn 11 with F1 sml8r and chris2pher, can't wait!

any idea on any parties/events as well?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just bought my tickets for Turn 15, this will be my first year going.

For those that went last year, hows the whole parking/shuttle situation? I'm flying in and trying to decide if I'm better off renting a car for the weekend or I also heard there's a shuttle that'll take you to COTA from downtown Austin?

Would be awesome if there was some sort of Lotus meetup.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Okay, I just booked for Turn 5 (was at Turn 6 last year) and this time we got the parking at the track for a "bargain" price of $200 extra for the three days. $864 for two bleacher tickets and parking............OUCH!!!! :wallbang:

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
If anyone's looking to save some $ from the rental car and hotel prices in Austin and even down south in San Marcos, make like my Dad and I did last year and will do again this year.

We stayed in northern San Antonio and drove up every day. It wasn't a bad drive to the track. Perhaps about 1:20 hr, but we saved a sh!tload of $ on hotel and rental car. I think we paid about $25/day for the car and $50 for a decent hotel. Compare that to the rates in Austin and San Marcos, but make sure you're sitting down before you pull that info up first -eek-

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Oh and I tried to rally the troops last year but to no availe. What do you guys say we find some place decent and close to the track to have dinner and throw a few cold ones down. How about Friday night after the practice session or Saturday after qualifying?

Relatively close to the track would be best as people are headed in all directions to their lodging after each day's events.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Just bought my tickets for Turn 15, this will be my first year going.

For those that went last year, hows the whole parking/shuttle situation? I'm flying in and trying to decide if I'm better off renting a car for the weekend or I also heard there's a shuttle that'll take you to COTA from downtown Austin?

Would be awesome if there was some sort of Lotus meetup.
We took the shuttle from downtown on race day. It was NOT a fun experience. I'd stay away from it if you can.

·
Illegal Alien
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We drove to the track each day, really was not a problem other than the $200 parking pass

·
Illegal Alien
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 49 Posts