The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, guys this is posted in the Racing Den but seeing that some of you may not read that section ---- we are gathering in Austin this Friday at Opal Devines Penn Field; stop by if you can. Opal Divines South Austin Restaurant Bar and Pub

"Alright. I've got a big table (15 people) booked for us outside on the patio for 4pm. The high's supposed to be 75 that day and she said the sunset's really nice from that vantage point. Happy hour is:

- 4-7
- $1 off drafts (huge draft selection)
- $3 house made margaritas (all natural, not the fake syrup crap)
- 1/2 price apps
- and the best part and I quote "F1 cars in the parking lot between 4-7"

......that's what she said and I asked her to clarify, but she said that's just what she was told, so we'll see! It'll probably be the previous year's cars as they were on display last year as well in downtown Austin.

Who's coming with their Lotus? Maybe I can get a special parking section for you guys." posted by - GuppyCaptian

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Julian, I'm still going to try to make it. However, definitely no Evora. As much as I'd like to take it, I'm pretty sure they won't let me check it on the plane!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Wish I could make it this year. Last year was a blast other than having absolutely zero (0) cell phone service at COTA. Hope you all have a great time...it's a very nice track!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'll be travelling through Austin on Sat, but won't be there Friday night..... Wish I had planned better, but need to be in San Antonio for the Rock and Roll Marathon (wife is running the half) on Sunday AM.
Have a Great time!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Julian, wished I had heard about this sooner. We have a commitment to a neighbors F1 party but will definitely try to swing by with the Evora early for a swift visit

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
great to see some really good F1 spirit in the US - it could well end up being a real highlight venue on the circuit if people embrace it.

in montreal it is like a meca event & i can gaurantee you there are always lots of people up from our Southern neighbour.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
they stuffed kovalainen in Kimi's seat - lets hope he can make it to final quali but i wouldn't bet. still, pretty much gauranteed 1 car will get into the final with Romain

·
Registered
842 Posts
Depending on traffic leaving the track, we may swing by the gathering on the way back across town. Looks like fun. Since the remote parking will be in the dirt, we will not be in the Lotus, however.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Depending on traffic leaving the track, we may swing by the gathering on the way back across town. Looks like fun. Since the remote parking will be in the dirt, we will not be in the Lotus, however.
I can promise you that traffic won't be an issue on Friday. It was pretty tame last year. As a matter of fact, traffic wasn't that bad on race day even! Swing on by.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Oh and btw, is there a BRG N/A Evora owner reading this thread that was at COTA with the car last year?

·
Premium Member
666 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, tomorrow will be more telling, but it is a hopeful start.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Both Lotus drivers made it to Q3. 3rd for the Frenchman and 8th the Fin. Good job.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
May the best driver (name: Sebastian Vettel) win. May Lotus take P2 and P3.

But I won't object if either Grosjean or Kovalainen take P1.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Sorry we didn't make it to the Opal Devine's gathering yesterday. I did take several photos of the practice session and will post a few in a separate thread. Here's one to start.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Fantastic pix. I saw the others in the other thread. Sorry we missed you at the Lotus gathering at Opal's. It was fun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts