The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, planning to go to COTA this year. I see from past posts that people have sat in different locations and also moved year to year. Where should we sit???
I'll skip the Reno Air Races this year but am used to full box on the tarmac with coolers and a huge party. Looks like nothing similar at COTA.

Thoughts?

Also, who's going and shall we meet?

·
Registered
676 Posts
I hadn't been before but think it would be awesome! (Other than the reported parking headaches) Plus I'm not that far away for an easy road trip.

I hadn't been before and can't really comment on where is best. but dang, can one buy just a one day pass in the club level? I don't want to be there the whole weekend.

- Bill

·
Registered
918 Posts
If you are up for packed grandstands, I would recommend turn 12. I was there for the first year and felt it was the best seat at the track. From the top of the grandstand you can see more of the track than anywhere else on the circuit. Plus all the action on track happens right in front of you. There were also jumbo tron TV's set up to see the rest of the action.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Second on turn 12 I have sat in most of the grandstands during various events and turn 12-15 are the best in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For ref, here is the map.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'm eyeballing 15 but it is 3/4 sold out already.

·
Tire abuser
772 Posts
I have been to a couple of races there and driven the track. I also spent time analyzing this exact question while watching F1 on TV. My research has determined that the best place to sit is wherever the driver's wives and girlfriends sit. :D Although it could be expensive.

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
Turn 15 again, upper level rows. Each year I check out some other locations then at ticket time recheck the seating 3d image and come back to the same place. Can see from into 11 to 15 and parts of 3-4 and 9

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
I may have a seat or two available this year again, only purchased 6 seats this year, Section T15-10 Rows 34/33 but looks like I may have a no show or two.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Been sitting at turn 11 last 2 races. A lot of action and overtaking on that tight turn. Plus seeing them coming full speed and brake so quickly is amazing. Another plus is the buses from the parking lots drop you right there.

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
see you all soon at the races

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I've sat at Turn 5/6 every year since this Grand Prix started. This year it'll be Turn 15, section 12, row 10.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts