The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Down to only 5 teams holding out

June 19th to remove their "conditional" entries. I don't see FIA backing down either, considering that Toyota have hinted they'll pull out of F1 regardless of current rules that really only leaves 4 teams -- McLaren, BMW, Renault, Brawn GP.

Also take note that Ferrari is NO LONGER a hold out team.

I think BMW, Renault, and Brawn GP will lift their conditional entries, but I'm not so sure about McLaren. I just have a strange "feeling" that McLaren are gonna drop out of F1.

Rob

·
Registered
2,293 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, but they lost the court battle -- are they planning to go to court again and appeal? If they breach their contract with the FIA, they'll have to go to court again and then what??? Ferrari have already been ruled against -- so what's next Jail/Fine/sieze assets?? I don't know what happens in situations like this, do you? Either way, it would be silly and I can't see Ferrari doing that under any circumstance.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Just because the FIA added them to the list doesn't mean they still aren't prepared to quit. I think it's too early to tell yet if the gang of 10 (gang of 4) will play in Max's sandbox or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts