The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F1 is coming to Austin on November 16-18th! Who from the Texas group is coming to the race and where will you guys be sitting? I plan on going with a few folks but we can't figure out what turn we plan to sit at. Either way hope to see some of you folks there and hopefully we can have a mini lotus meet-up prior to the race.

·
Registered
443 Posts
All set with my buddy. Don't wait to book a room, they are expensive and going fast.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I ended up going with General Admission for the first race so i could roam a little

Jeff

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm going with my wife all the way from NYC! Managed to get Grandstand 11 West in the recent round of ticket sales. Hope to meet some Lotus owners...can't take the Elise though!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Got seats at 12 where I expect most of the passes to be completed thanks to DRS. Going with my buddies from work who are fellow F1 nuts. :)

I hope the track turns out great!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Man.. Been trying to get GA tickets sense mid morning, but the website just spins.. attempted to call, and after 30 mins on hold listening to god awful noise (music) I got a recording.. Please call back later... Guess I'll try late tonight or tomorrow.. Did get a hotel.. Seguin.. The only thing I could find.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Anyone have any extra General Admission tickets

Just decided I want to go to the race, but see the general admission tickets are sold out. Anyone have two extras?

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I'm taking my Dad and we'll be there for the entire weekend. Hotels in or near Austin? HA! Good luck. Even over a month ago when I bought our tickets (Grandstand 7), the hotels were either sold out or exorbitantly priced.

I ended up getting a good deal on a hotel and rental car in San Antonio. You guys might want to consider doing the same if you're still looking. It's not that far of a drive and it'll save you a ton of $.

What does everyone think of setting up a lunch or dinner for all of us at some point in that weekend. It'd be great to put some faces with usernames. Perhaps one of you that are local can recommend a place or we can meet at the track?

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Looks like I'll be working but if I'm not would be interested in a mini lotus meet-up. I'm only 2 hours away. Let everyone know when y'all pick a spot to meet.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
"Sadly"? You're not a fan of F1 so you can't be too sad. On the other hand, as a local you'd be the perfect guy to help in organizing a Loti get-together at a local restaurant! Is there a PapaSittos close to the track?

I now live in Austin, but will not be going sadly.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts