The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just what we need. Name recognition is priceless with this kind of result!!:bow:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Thank You for posting, I missed the last 30 minutes of the race, and wanted to know how it turned out. At the point I had to walk away Lotus was in a strong second and fourth place.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Thanks for the spoiler !

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,738 Posts
Yup... thanks for spoiling the race for me!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Excellent result. I was hoping for a 1-2. The last Lotus pit stop put Kimmy and Grosjean c l o s e at the exit! One more lap and I fear it would have been a 2, 4 finish.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Excellent result. I was hoping for a 1-2. The last Lotus pit stop put Kimmy and Grosjean c l o s e at the exit! One more lap and I fear it would have been a 2, 4 finish.
Yup, that was quite an entertaining exit from the pit. -eek-

·
Registered
662 Posts
I learned this lesson a long time ago: Never check forums or email till after watching the race. One time I saw the winner scrolling on the botom of the screen on a news show (CNN/Fox news or something). I finished watching the race an hour ago BTW. Good job Renault sponsored by Lotus.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It's been a great F1 season for Lotus, especially given their implosion in Indy. Hopefully, the ALMS/Evora team will continue to improve as well. Doing well in these series is usually good for the manufacturer's car sales.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
This also places Lotus within 1 point of second place in the constructor's championship table...right on the heels of McLaren!

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
so what will happen next year? genii is between a rock and a hard place... can't afford to re-align the name (lose the points money), and getting nothing from Lotus... will the troll let them re-align the name AGAIN?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Spoiler Alert:

Michael Phelps came in first ahead of Raikonnen.

:)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Good job Renault sponsored by Lotus.
It's not owned by renault any more. Genii (Gerard lopez) own it and uses the lotus name, so it's technically a 'lotus' chassis now as that's the name of the team but it's not part of 'our' lotus

so what will happen next year? genii is between a rock and a hard place... can't afford to re-align the name (lose the points money), and getting nothing from Lotus... will the troll let them re-align the name AGAIN?
Don't think anything will change, Lopez has the rights to the name until 2017 and lotus won't care as its now free advertising for them (after Danys misguided sponsorship of the wasting money and all the circus with it, lotus got out of sponsoring them but the name stayed on the car), so it's good for lotus as they get free advertising and Id say Lopez likes it too as lotus has to be a good draw for sponsors;)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
It's not owned by renault any more. Genii (Gerard lopez) own it and uses the lotus name, so it's technically a 'lotus' chassis now as that's the name of the team but it's not part of 'our' lotus

Don't think anything will change, Lopez has the rights to the name until 2017 and lotus won't care as its now free advertising for them (after Danys misguided sponsorship of the wasting money and all the circus with it, lotus got out of sponsoring them but the name stayed on the car), so it's good for lotus as they get free advertising and Id say Lopez likes it too as lotus has to be a good draw for sponsors;)
i dunno... with no "money" involved, and no exchange... i can't see how it is a benefit at all. Genii gets nothing out of the Lotus chassis name - the "sponsorship" i would think will go off the car (presumably they will get a prime sponsor)... but the chassis name is stuck now. - i think they will make a play to Lotus to pump in more money, based on the results. danny did so much damage with the troll and F1, it would not surprise me if berni let genii out of the chassis name.

·
Premium Member
11,855 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
i dunno... with no "money" involved, and no exchange... i can't see how it is a benefit at all. Genii gets nothing out of the Lotus chassis name - the "sponsorship" i would think will go off the car (presumably they will get a prime sponsor)... but the chassis name is stuck now. - i think they will make a play to Lotus to pump in more money, based on the results. danny did so much damage with the troll and F1, it would not surprise me if berni let genii out of the chassis name.
Since they're using the name, it would be nice if some of the Lotus engineers could be able to be embedded with the team and benefit from the technological knowledge gleaned from the season. Some of it might trickle down into the production cars (assuming there will be future production cars) as has happened with Ferrari and McLaren.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts