The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Forum Founder
Joined
·
29,081 Posts
Modifed title..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sorry, but unless you avoid all automotive press, you would know that Schumacher lost.

You people take yourselves way too seriously.
 

·
Forum Founder
Joined
·
29,081 Posts
I don't think I take this too seriously... it's not big deal.

But I also did not know he lost until I read this thread, I was planning on watching it later. I still will, it does not change it that much. It's always a struggle to not learn of the results when you do a lot of time shifting like I do.

P.S. Rosebud was his sled, the doctor was dead all the time, which is why the kid could see him, the chick was dude, and there was no Kobiyashi, it was always Keyser Soze. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,270 Posts
Randy Chase said:



P.S. Rosebud was his sled, the doctor was dead all the time, which is why the kid could see him, the chick was dude, and there was no Kobiyashi, it was always Keyser Soze. :)
LOL :clap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,721 Posts
Randy Chase said:

But I also did not know he lost until I read this thread, I was planning on watching it later. I still will, it does not change it that much. It's always a struggle to not learn of the results when you do a lot of time shifting like I do.
Worth watching anyway... I actually accidently skipped to the end because I had rebooted the tivo, remapping the 30-second skip button back to "go to the end". There were still some other suprises. :)
 

·
Forum Founder
Joined
·
29,081 Posts
I enjoy watching regardless of knowing who wins. I mean you normally assume MS is going to win.. and he does.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,634 Posts
Okay so without giving away too much of what happens, it certainly was NOT boring, this race ! And was good to see somebody other than the "usual suspect" up on the winners' podium.

Did Ferrari ever explain what Schumacher was doing, braking like that in the tunnel ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
mikester said:
Did Ferrari ever explain what Schumacher was doing, braking like that in the tunnel ?
I read a quote that he said he was "trying to keep his brakes warm", but that's a pretty lame excuse for an experienced driver in a blind tunnel with traffic backed up behind the pace car. Serves him right that HE went out on equipment failure from the incident instead of Montoya.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
mikester said:
Did Ferrari ever explain what Schumacher was doing, braking like that in the tunnel ?
The teams were informed the safety car was entering the course, and alerted their drivers. Apparently, it's common practice for the drivers to start warming their brakes by accelerating and then braking hard before they catch up to the safety car.

Also apparent is that you really shouldn't do this in a dark tunnel.

Edit: Or what Knute said. Guess I type too slow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,834 Posts
mikester said:
Okay so without giving away too much of what happens, it certainly was NOT boring, this race ! And was good to see somebody other than the "usual suspect" up on the winners' podium.

Did Ferrari ever explain what Schumacher was doing, braking like that in the tunnel ?
It's fine to dicuss the results within the thread if it's properly labeled (with a spoiler warning). But revealing the results in the thread title is rude and inconsiderate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,834 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
I'm sorry, but unless you avoid all automotive press, you would know that Schumacher lost.

You people take yourselves way too seriously.
you almost sound as if it would be an impossible chore to avoid automotive press in the US for 2 days

:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Knute said:
I read a quote that he said he was "trying to keep his brakes warm", but that's a pretty lame excuse for an experienced driver in a blind tunnel with traffic backed up behind the pace car. Serves him right that HE went out on equipment failure from the incident instead of Montoya.
Umm or just maybe Montoya should not have been so close...I think what they were doing is pretty normal we see it all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,634 Posts
Marsport said:
Umm or just maybe Montoya should not have been so close...I think what they were doing is pretty normal we see it all the time.
I don't know about how "normal" it was, Schumi really seemed to have made a pretty drastic reduction in speed, right in the middle of that tunnel. It's difficult to say anything definitively because of the limited camera angles etc., but to me it looked like Montoya was caught unaware by the sudden maneuver. Bad judgement on Schumachers part IMO - these things happen even with the best drivers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
mikester said:
I don't know about how "normal" it was, Schumi really seemed to have made a pretty drastic reduction in speed, right in the middle of that tunnel. It's difficult to say anything definitively because of the limited camera angles etc., but to me it looked like Montoya was caught unaware by the sudden maneuver. Bad judgement on Schumachers part IMO - these things happen even with the best drivers.
Lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,253 Posts
mikester said:
Did Ferrari ever explain what Schumacher was doing, braking like that in the tunnel ?

I read a quote that he said he was "trying to keep his brakes warm"
LoL... Ayrton Senna would have simply said..."I was trying to take Montoya OUT!"

Neil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I think that MS was simply trying to keep people behind him on their toes and to give himself an advantage on the green flag (like he does everytime he is behind the pace car). I guess it did not work to his advantage this time.
 
1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Top