The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
DAMN! THIS FOOL IS CRAZY! Did you see how fast those last two cars on his left came and went?!!? On top of that the car was absolutely stable...until the braking (a bit).

thanks for the vid! The F40 is my favorite Ferrari. Too bad it's about $350k now.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Feffman said:
OK so the F40 driver is a little nutty for driving that fast, but (come on admit it) haven't you once just wanted to wind a capable car up to such speeds on your favorite Interstate?

Mark Pfeffer
Done it many a times: ON THE AUTOBAHN!!! can't really do it here in California. Never done 186 mph though. The fastest I've ever driven is 177 mph.

Neil

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Done 130 or so on a sportbike on a open road.
Ditto here, long straight deserted road which started on top of a slight rise with view to horizon.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oh Boy, it's top speed story time?

168 mph. '94 Twin Turbo Supra. Spoke with a trooper on duty before leaving the hospital. He let me know no-one was patrolling this part of the county. Other than the possibility of wildlife stepping out on my blast all was solid/confident. She probably had another 10mph in her?Had many very short blasts 140-150ish. I'm thinking the Elise will be inclined to inspire confidence and doing quick 60-140-60. Great brakes/handling are what made it logical in the Supra TT. You always here 60-0. I'm curious to find out the 130-60 braking, ya know when the detector bleeps!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Did 155 once in a 2001 Mustang Cobra on I-10 between Pensacola and Mobile. Woulda pushed a little faster if not for the rev limiter, but not much. The tail got really light and squirrelly at that speed. It felt a little like balancing a brick on a pencil. Once was enough.

Cade

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Done 130 or so on a sportbike on a open road.

At Road Atlanta as passenger did 160 ish on the back straight in a ferrari driven by Mauro Baldi., now that was fun!!!:D

Chris
Get a load of this guys:

http://www.utahsba.com/audiovideo/220mph.wmv

That's wheel down at 140.

Dayum.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, it looks like the F40 hits nearly 320KM/H which must be around 200 MPH (haven't done the conversion) - best I've done is 140 in 2004 E500 Mercedes (limited to 155 but I gave up and crapped my pants LOL)

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
babak said:
Ditto here, long straight deserted road which started on top of a slight rise with view to horizon.
I used to make special trips over to eastern Washington just to air my bike out. It's amazing how stable it was in the 120-130 range, not frantic at all. It just wanted to run there all day. It was a real bummer slowing down to 50 at the end of a run. It felt like crawling.

I later took my S2000 out to the same area and found that it's real work to go 130 in that car. It felt much less secure than the bike.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
JeffersonRaley said:
!!!Holy Smoley, that's in mph!!! Insane how fast the speedometer climbs. What was that? I didn't think that even Hayabusas would hit 220.
I gotta find where I saw that video first. The guy that posted it (whereever that was) was a friend of the bike owner. It was turbocharged, a Hayabusa I think. The poster admitted that the speedo was off quite a bit.

But still impressive.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
JeffersonRaley said:
!!!Holy Smoley, that's in mph!!! Insane how fast the speedometer climbs. What was that? I didn't think that even Hayabusas would hit 220.
I believe it's a turbocharged 2000 Hayabusa.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts