The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Wow those pictures are not good. Interesting how these lotus cars seem to "lift" up other cars on impact

Glad to see that both are OK. Note the lotus owner (I think that's a sport elise? No "exige" at that point in time?) noted the good design of the car for crashes on page 2

Can't really tell by briefly looking over the photos. 430 went sideways on the track, S1 exige hits head on? Looks like a tough turn judging by the 2 lotus that spun on it before

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
The quote below is from the Elise (Honda engined motorsport Elise - not Exige) owner describing the incident:

Peter - AussieElises said:
My engine let go in 2nd practice for reasons as yet unknown. I spun on my own oil through turn 1 and ended up on the grass on drivers left facing the oncoming traffic. Got to enjoy seeing a few other cars spin on my oil and come towards me. Mark O'Connor pulled up about 10 metres short and still they we're not waving red flags. I sat there helpless thinking this is not going to end well and sure enough, a Ferrari came in very hot, spun, and ended up hitting me front on at great pace. Car is a right off I suspect and I am going to be pretty sore for a few days but don't have any serious injuries which is a real testament to the strength and design of the lotus. The Ferrari also looks to be written off and out of all that wreckage I managed to walk away.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
if that's the aussie exige I'm thinking of it is pretty damn fast around the track. There are some youtube vids on the forum.

·
Registered
191 Posts
o dayummm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts