Discussion Starter #1
Instead of the full treatment, costing
approximately $950, can only the front
clam portion be covered and if so at what
cost?

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
From what I've seen the sides are the most important part to cover. Pictures of the rockers sandblasted and looking over my dealership's demo and the press car sold me on the clear bra.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Just in front of the real wheels on mine is already blasted!

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
First of all, it's not applied at the factory, it's applied at the port of entry. I heard somewhere that this is because the paint needs to cure a couple weeks first. Second, the side and rear pieces are pretty minimal and probably add very little to the cost - it's the front end that looks most difficult to apply. Thus, even if Lotus were to offer the option you seek, I doubt it'd be worth it. As others pointed out, the sides can take quite a beating.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Ridge,
As the others say, the lower rockers and in front of the rear wheels take a huge beating. Additionally I can vouch for the front taking hits too, up to Deals Gap this past Friday a dime sized rock hit the front Bang!! Luckily on the star shield and only scuffed it.

CHris

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for your input. Will stay with
my original plan to get the full treatment
done. I'm assuming a spray applied wax
will be best to use and am only a bit
concerned with where the edges of the film end. Don't want anything that will pry up those edges and hope dirt doesn't
get imbedded along those edges to the
point where trying to remove it affects
the film edge coming up.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
I'm assuming a spray applied wax
will be best to use and am only a bit
concerned with where the edges of the film end.
I had no trouble applying normal wax by hand. You do want to make an effort to not rub the wax across the edge of the StarShield (at right angles), but make sure that you wipe/rub along the edge of the film (parallel to the edge) - similar to how you wax along the pin stripe tape on many other cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts