The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=125021?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..2.*#3

IMPORTANT SPECS:

- New rear suspension has one more link

- 5.2l V10 based off of the new RS6, making 553 hp

- Stronger, lighter chassis and front drive components now built by Getrag

- Weighs 3307 lbs (much less than before)

- 0-62mph in 3.7 seconds

- Direct fuel injection

MY THOUGHTS:

The rear-end looks a ton better than before. The front-end can grow on me. Obviously, it's taken cues from that abomination, the Reventon, but somehow it doesn't look as bad on this car.

You might also notice the head lights are slightly shortened.

550hp and a lighter weight puts this car on my top ten list :D

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
The nose looks straight off a Scuderia.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Rear end way too "Audi-ish"...You can see rear of new TT or R8 in it. Not too fond of the front end either...at least they improved the weight and HP this one.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
The nose is just like the LP640 (Not at all similar to the Scuderia) which I think is a nice carry over. The rear end is a million times better than before but it now strongly resembles the R8 (not a bad thing or a rip-off).

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I like it.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,449 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Not bad, especially in the white. Yep, they ripped off the Scuderia. That much is a given. It will look a lot like an R8 since it IS an R8 (or more the R8 is derived from the Gallardo).

Either way, the one trend I'd be happy to see fall by the wayside is all the stypid clear-engine covers. They just add the 'hey, I'm a poser, look at my engine' instead of anything functional or even elegant. Personal opinion of course. Heck, I can't see why people spend MORE to get a lessor look to the car than the stock louvered engine cover??

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks like they ripped off the 2010 Esprit. :no:

Sorry Lotus folks, back to the drawing board. rotfl

I have to laugh at my own jokes as sometimes I'm the only one laughing.

Third tail light. Maybe it's the Knight Rider Mustang replacement?!?! Wrong end though. Maybe it drives backwards in all the episodes. KITT does have the ability to do that.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, AWD sports car with a massive V10 motor... Sounds good to me! Don't forget, that's 3 times the displacement of the Toyota 1.8L

Consider also that the 911 Turbo weighs 200 lbs more. So does the R8 which has a smaller V8 motor.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
If the suspension can put this power to the ground and around a corner, this car is looking to be a beast. Is this the replacement to the Murc or for the regular Gallardos? If the latter, I can't even imagine what the Murc's replacement will be like.

PS: What's with the clear glass over the motor on the newer sports cars these days? I'm not a big fan.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts