The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Factory Hard Top

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  DFWElf 
#1 ·
My car didn't come with one, and the dealer is telling me it will cost $2,700 unpainted to get. They say the price is higher b/c from the factory there is a credit for the soft top.

Probably will just wait for the Sector111 top (much cooler anyway), but wondered if anyone had any other info.

#2 ·
Your dealer is trying to stick it to you.

MSRP for the hardtop is $1475 in matching color when you order it with your car ... and you get to keep the soft top.

#5 ·
MJC,
The price of the hardtop when buying a new car is $1450 or so. You wouldn't get a credit for the softop because the hardtop is in addition to the softtop.

No way an unpainted standard factory hardtop would seel for $2700, perhaps he's talking about an aftermarket gullwing.

Don't pay that for the hardtop, if needed go to another dealer.
Chris

#6 ·
MJC

Don't you feel like you just threw some food at a dog and it keeps following you for more????

I agree in not paying that much for a hard top.

Without the sport suspension I don't think you need the hard top ( unless is for looks ).

If I was you I'll wait for aftermarket parts, unless you need to have original parts like some collectors do.

I could see a credit from the insulated soft top (touring) to the standard one. But credit for the soft top instead of the HT? :no:

Anyway, the weather is great, and I know it's going to rain this week but the soft top does just fine according to other elise owners, and you can't store the hard top in the trunk.

Anyway, congrats again on your car. I can't wait to get one with LSS and HT.

#14 ·
Less drag coeficient, more towards performace. IMHO of course, I've been known to be wrong.
Just reading this post from 2004, 2 months before my husband got his Elise delivered. It's hilarious to see him say "I've been known to be wrong" HA!!!! He was a sweet but stubborn man!
one of the FEW times he admitted he was wrong and it was caught on video!!! I miss him every minute of every day. RIP

#12 ·
not that this answers the question, but you guys have to realize that just because a part costs a certain amount of dollars when buying with a car doesnt mean it will cost the same when buying not with a car...(I hope that makes sense).
For a certain car xenons cost 500 extra msrp. but for the same car if those things need to get replaced, they cost way way more. Meaning when ordering seperately prices may not necessarily be the same.

#13 ·
biobaggie said:
I just got quotes for a hard top from 2 different dealers:

$2662.30 (no tax) & $2850 (I think this includes tax). Ouch !!!

If these prices hurt you, would you feel better if I'd tell you that Lotus Greece quoted me 3000 euros :crazyeyes (that's around USD 3.600)for it (fortunately painted)?

Not to mention the Stage 2 exhaust @ 1000euros...

Where are my pills...? :)

Hopefully, the UK lotus accessories market is not so far by TNT, DHL, etc... :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.