The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what factory or factory approved dealer installed options were available for the 1987 Esprit?

Found some extra wiring on my car that look factory installed and curious what it was originally for.

Thanks

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,390 Posts
Esprit owners will often find "extra" wiring or connectors in the cars. These unused items are for other markets, an example in your case, the carbureted cars sold in the ROW (Rest of World).

Stevens cars don't have the Ice Warning components installed in Europe, or the rear fog lamps required in the UK.

You might get a clue by looking at the parts lists, or Section MG (wiring diagrams) of the Service Notes.

++++++++++++

Dealer installed accessories are a wild card. Even my car, which at first glance was unmolested, had questionable extra wiring that was a result of a stereo upgrade prior to my ownership. :facepalm
When I was buying my car, I drove one Esprit that had loose wires hanging out all over from a security system that was removed. :no:

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Esprit owners will often find "extra" wiring or connectors in the cars. These unused items are for other markets, an example in your case, the carbureted cars sold in the ROW (Rest of World).

Stevens cars don't have the Ice Warning components installed in Europe, or the rear fog lamps required in the UK.

You might get a clue by looking at the parts lists, or Section MG (wiring diagrams) of the Service Notes.

++++++++++++

Dealer installed accessories are a wild card. Even my car, which at first glance was unmolested, had questionable extra wiring that was a result of a stereo upgrade prior to my ownership. :facepalm
When I was buying my car, I drove one Esprit that had loose wires hanging out all over from a security system that was removed. :no:
I got ice warning in my car. But I have extra wiring too. Now that bugs me and I will have to find out where these go. I will use a toner and maybe bust out the TDR to find out where these wires go.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I'm going to email Lotus tomorrow and see if they have anything. I know that's probably crazy but what the heck, it won't hurt.

Same relay and fuse sockets as original, same wiring, man am I curious.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
If you were to post pics and/or specifics of what you are referring to, someone here could probably answer your question as to what it was for if it was from the factory...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like I definitely have that DPV connection, found it the other day. It's got 2 wires, orange/white and black. Not a good photo but it's there. I'll need to look on ECU to see if I have a pin 11.

I'll try and find a photo of the extra sockets today.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a photo of the extra relay socket and fuse holders. It's messy cause I'm trying to clean it up!

I'm tracing the wires to these unused items and will figure out where they go.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts