The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the Factory Service Manual available yet for the Federal Elise?

How about the Factory Parts List?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay... They are listed. Are they available yet? Anyone seen one? Do we need the "Elise Series 2" as well as the "Elise/Exige 6 Speed Transmission" manuals. Anyone know the prices yet?

According to the part numbers, it looks like the Elsie Series 1 is the 111, the Series 2 is the 117, and the Federal Elise/111R is the 120 (the first few digits of the Lotus part number is usually the Lotus "type" designation)...

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Okay, called the parts manager :p. Version A-$165(general), B- $140(motor1), C- $80(motor2) and D- $55 (tranny). They don't stock them. As long as LCU has them they can overnite them (for a cost) or ~2 weeks for no additonal cost. Elise/Exige 6 Speed Transmission are the one we want.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LarryB said:
Okay, called the parts manager :p.
[Slapping Himself On the Head]
Duh...

I guess I should have thought of that...
[/Slapping Himself On the Head]

Ouch. $431 for the set, and that doesn't include the parts manual...

Oh well... I'll still have to get them...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
TimMullen said:
[Slapping Himself On the Head]
Duh...

I guess I should have thought of that...
[/Slapping Himself On the Head]

Ouch. $431 for the set, and that doesn't include the parts manual...

Oh well... I'll still have to get them...
Tim,

You ain't kidding thats crazy money for a parts manual. My BMW manuals were a fraction of that:eek:

Mitch

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hermanslotus said:
You ain't kidding thats crazy money for a parts manual. My BMW manuals were a fraction of that:eek:
Well...

In '93 I bought the manuals for my Accord for about $100.

In '96 I bought the manuals for my Miata for around $125.

In '96 I bought the manuals for my Ford Ranger for around $550 (this included most Ford trucks and mini-vans instead of one specifically for the Ranger).

I guess in '04 I'm going to have to spend $431 for the Elise manauals...:(

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
TimMullen said:
Well...

In '93 I bought the manuals for my Accord for about $100.

In '96 I bought the manuals for my Miata for around $125.

In '96 I bought the manuals for my Ford Ranger for around $550 (this included most Ford trucks and mini-vans instead of one specifically for the Ranger).

I guess in '04 I'm going to have to spend $431 for the Elise manauals...:(
Oooooh...you're getting the manuals. Well, I can see YOU'LL be a handy person to have in the neighborhood! :D

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Yea, I've seen the manuals when visiting LCU. I highly recommend them to anyone who is serious about keeping their Elise for any length of time or who intend to maintain their own car. A word of warning...... these are Lotus Manuals not chiltons. Don't look for a lot of detail in there and they assume a certain level of competency.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts