The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled upon this on youtube yesterday. Did a search and didn't find any threads with this link posted here on Lotustalk. Hope its not a repost.

Good Review!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jDf9YEnIUFQ

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, but it is a repost... Still a pretty good review though.
Sorry bout that, see we do need that re-post tool talked about in another thread. :p

Enjoy to those who have not yet seen it and missed the original post :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
It was a good review, but I was confused when he said it feels like a regular elise. He went on to say you don't thrash it, you just let it lope along.

I find you have to thrash the Elise pretty hard to get it to perform.

Also, it was interesting that he said the second cam can kick in at 4000 rpm if you are running hard. It would seem that this may make this supercharger very desirable compared to the after market solutions, unless they also feature this.

Thank you for posting the link. I hadn't seen this before.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Does anyone know if the markedly lower and variable cam switch point is featured in the aftermarket solutions?
It is not, at least not with my Tripoint/Ronin kit. Pretty sure no aftermarket kit offers this. It is however possible to lower the switch point permanently to whatever you want with charlies ECU flash.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I thought CharlieX's re-flash offered lower if not variable cam switch... which did come with Sector111's... and as he's now indepenedant... could maybe apply to any kit?!?

I don't see why they don't lower the cam switch to 5k... who the heck is going to be "cruising" at over 100mph anyway...

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I believe Charlie's variable Cam change is the same as Lotus. Running hard it will switch over around 4k. Casual driving, she'll switch later.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe Charlie's variable Cam change is the same as Lotus. Running hard it will switch over around 4k. Casual driving, she'll switch later.
Well there you have it, time for a re-flash I guess ;)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts