The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. It has finally happened!!! This week Lotus has announced that the factory Supercharger upgrade is now available to order!! :nanner: They got CARB certified, the stickers for CARB are not ready yet, but they are selling the kits, you will just have to return to get the sticker put on.

The kit will be reatiling through FVMC for $4995.00

There is a $500 core charge for your stock ECU if you decided to keep it.

The kit will maintain 100% of any warranty left on your vehicle including the Emissions warranty, and the kit itself will have a 1 year warranty if you get it installed by a Lotus factory trained technician.....like me:D

FVMC will be charging $1300 for the installation of this kit.

If you want one, give us a call and we will be glad to hook you up and answer any questions you might have.

Call John for questions, and call April to order 630-654-9000

or e-mail me with questions [email protected]

thanks,
T.J. :shift:

NOTE:
After doing a kit i found out that at the last minute Lotus decided to use the pipe that requires the gas tank to be dropped. i will still honor the $1300 install price for the rest of this year, but i will likely raise it next year...so come get them while there hot!!

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Is the kit intercooled?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i think it's the same non-intercooled MP-45 setup used on the elise SC...

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
wow, $6300 for a factory, emissions legal supercharger installed?

I may consider trading in my aftermarket supercharger for this one for the CARB sticker alone.

velly intellestink.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is the same set up that comes on the 2008 Elise. Non innercooled MP-45, 221 HP. The kit comes with everything you need to fit the kit to your car, you just need to specify the year when ordering to get the ECU right, and they made it so the fuel tank does not need to be dropper to change the line that goes to the charcoal canister. I have been to school for fitting this kit, and have seen it first hand.....it is PERFECT!!

For those of you that havent seen under the hood of a 2008 Elise this is what the kit will look like in your car....

T.J.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
to be honest, i am not sure where HP is measured. This is the info from the factory, so i am going to say it is not Wheel HP. the kit comes with a new ECU complete with a Lotus factory Tune for the kit, and we send the original ECU from your car back to the factory to get refurbished, retuned, and put in another kit, this helps keep the cost of the kits down. For those of you that want to keep your ECU, you will have to pay the $500 core charge.

T.J.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
o.k. so about 190 to the wheels ... I wonder if Charlie can tune it for more...

·
Registered
180 Posts
There is one dynograph posted that seems to indicate like 210 at the wheels...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The kit will maintain 100% of any warranty left on your vehicle including the Emissions warranty, and the kit itself will have a 1 year warranty if you get it installed by a Lotus factory trained technician.....like me:D
Does this mean we can buy the kit, self install, and we only lose the 1 yr warranty on the SC itself?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I like the idea of factory OEM parts> I know the BWR and katana kits are high quality. However there is something to be said for being able to buy spares from the dealer. Of course lotus is so small it is a bit like an "aftermarket" type company to begin with.

I am not sure why you cali guys care so much about the Carb sticker. The tech isnt really going to spot an aftermarket SC is he? Slap a lotus sticker over the BWR lettering....

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
I like the idea of factory OEM parts> I know the BWR and katana kits are high quality. However there is something to be said for being able to buy spares from the dealer. Of course lotus is so small it is a bit like an "aftermarket" type company to begin with.

I am not sure why you cali guys care so much about the Carb sticker. The tech isnt really going to spot an aftermarket SC is he? Slap a lotus sticker over the BWR lettering....
exactly....I drive my car all over the place decat'd....no issues

1 - 20 of 50 Posts