The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Wow, the amount of detail is overwhelming.
His dealership is now offering the Lotus Sport Supercharger kit... He listed his e-mail address and a phone number, and the location of the dealership is in his signature...

I think he's all set!

If you want the thing, call him :x

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Silly me. The next time I advertise a product, I'll just give my contact information. Because now I know the orders will just come flowing in. I guess Madison Avenue has been wasting all of their time marketing products.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Silly me. The next time I advertise a product, I'll just give my contact information. Because now I know the orders will just come flowing in. I guess Madison Avenue has been wasting all of their time marketing products.
Had a horrible day, did ya?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Info would be nice. Im sure there are people here who cant afford it yet but would like to know. It would take him less time to list it once then answer tons of emails. Either way its nice to have another option.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Cool!

But not only this kit is late to the market, but it's not using the right supercharger. The M45 is certainly not the best choice, imho.

The new 06 Katana makes 225rwhp and costs less.
The stage1 VF makes 250rwhp comes with an intercooler and probably still costs less.

Why would anyone would pay for that in Canada where CARB is not required???

It's cool for Lotus to offer it though. Maybe those who absolutely want Lotus products on their cars.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Cool!

But not only this kit is late to the market, but it's not using the right supercharger. The M45 is certainly not the best choice, imho.

The new 06 Katana makes 225rwhp and costs less.
The stage1 VF makes 250rwhp comes with an intercooler and probably still costs less.

Why would anyone would pay for that in Canada where CARB is not required???

It's cool for Lotus to offer it though. Maybe those who absolutely want Lotus products on their cars.
Warranty would be the primary reason, I would imagine.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Kai's a great guy and I'm sure all he's doing is passing down information for his service department so don't beat him up too badly. Besides, Weissach is located in Vancouver, BC so unless you're willing to drive there :shrug:

·
Lotus Sales
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Factory Lotus Supercharger kit for the Elise.

This supercharger kit is supplied by Lotus Cars. When installed by our dealership the kit will retain the remainder of the factory warranty. The kit is based around the Roots-type Magnusson M45 supercharger. This non-intercooled kit is installed entirely under the bonnet requiring no big scoops or alternative lids. This will give increase of approximately 28hp and 22lb-ft of torque.

The kit is CDN $8600 installed + tax.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts