The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What year did Lotus start installing factory superchargers, it was my understanding 08........

·
Registered
361 Posts
in the elise, yes.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...for federal cars, the 2006 exige was naturally-aspirated, while the 2007-present exige S featured an intercooled supercharger tuned to 220, 240, or 260 brake horsepower...

·
Registered
106 Posts
At least one Elise was supercharged by the factory in 2006 for testing. It was for sale at Park Place not to long ago if I remember right.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
An Exige was available all years in N/A trim, correct? I was just under the impression that not many were ordered that way.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
An Exige was available all years in N/A trim, correct? I was just under the impression that not many were ordered that way.
In the US I believe only the Exige S was available from 2007.

As I have never seen a non S Exige that wasn't 2006. Though the UK might be different.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Supercharger

I have a dealer trying to sell me a 06 Elise and said it has a factory supercharger? Is this possible

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I have a dealer trying to sell me a 06 Elise and said it has a factory supercharger? Is this possible
...that's not necessarily misleading - lotus did just make their aftermarket factory supercharger available this winter...

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
That car was at the CARB testing labs with the lotus chaps when i was doing work on the aftermarket CARB stuff, bit of a coincedence!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts