The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lotus Sales
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several of you out there have ordered or already have the optional Track Package on your MY06 Elise or Exige. There is no mention of the recommended set up for street and track use in the manual. There will be an addendum sent out but until that arrives, I wanted to post this for your convenience. This is just the recommended set up and you might find that your style of driving or the track conditions require some fine tuning of the settings or set up............................

·
Registered
40 Posts
Track Pack Pics

Some pics of the optional Track Pack dampers/anti-roll bar. The rear track link is under the rear diffuser so no pics. Factory settings for dampers were 3 front, 2 rear, and the anti-roll bar was on the middle (3) setting.
Thanks to Richmond Euroclassics Porsche/Lotus for allowing me to take these pics.

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Here is my kit...

As you said, it is to prevent chassis problems and improve safety, when the car is used under high grip loading conditions.

·
Lotus Sales
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should add that I have gone through many sets of rear wheel bearings due to the added grip of running with slicks. I would imagine that the rear brace kit would help eliminate or at least lessen that added wear and tear of the added and not anticipated stress that slicks add to the rear suspension????? I have not seen that probem arise as of yet on the S2 but expect that this second season of track use with S2's and many running with slicks or Hoosiers, we'll start to see that problem. I would suggest that anyone with lots of track time give a real hard look at the rear wheel hubs and check for play. It's not fun when they go. I have also broken several of the 10.9 strength bolts that secure the rear hubs. If you are out there and running on slicks, I STRONGLY suggest changing the bolts as a precaution. They don't cost much and if you break one when you are on the track loading a wheel, it's not fun!!!!! I have broken them several times and have just made it in with 1 bolt hanging on to the hub keeping my wheel on the car. The warning sign is a wheel bearing noise when one side is loaded up but goes away when unloaded...............PULL IN AND STOP!!!! The cars were NOT designed to run on slicks.............The AO48's allow the rear end to rotate more freely and lessen the stress.............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.