The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched through the forums trying to find this information before I posted a new thread.

I currently have an 07 Exige for sale in the classifieds
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/fs-2007-exige-s-canyon-red-1409-miles-57-000-a-206546/

Based on very little response, I have to assume I am priced to high at $57,000. I am considering reducing the price but before I do, I am looking for feedback on what is a fair price, not too high but not too low.

While I have only been on this forum for a year, I feel like this is the best place to get objective opinions on the value of the car.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks..

Attachments

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
I have searched through the forums trying to find this information before I posted a new thread.

I currently have an 07 Exige for sale in the classifieds
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/fs-2007-exige-s-canyon-red-1409-miles-57-000-a-206546/

Based on very little response, I have to assume I am priced to high at $57,000. I am considering reducing the price but before I do, I am looking for feedback on what is a fair price, not too high but not too low.

While I have only been on this forum for a year, I feel like this is the best place to get objective opinions on the value of the car.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks..
There are so few of these cars out there that it's tough to come up with a consistent value. It's all timing, and the right two people connecting.

You can't just compare your car against what other 07's are going for, although yours is the lowest mile 07 I've seen for sale for awhile.

You have to compare your car against other options. For not a whole lot more than your asking price, someone can get a little used 260 Exige, all around a better car. And certainly can easily get into an S240 for what you're asking or less.

Heck, someone can get into an Evora for what you're asking, or less.

For what it's worth, 2 years ago I sold my Canyon Red Exige, with 22,000 miles and with a carbon fiber full Mohawk roof painted body color for a LOT less than your asking price.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sold my 07 Exige S last summer for $43k i think, maybe it was $44. I think i had about 12k miles on it but I really don't remember exactly. My car was clean and no track time.

·
Registered
146 Posts
$32,000 and when can I pick it up? rotfl Only kidding, but what a beautiful color!The Sturgeon is right on at $48k I think but it all depends on the buyer. If I had the money I would pay 50k just to get that color. GLWTS.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
It's still Winter. Wait until the Spring as prices will rise. If you can afford to wait you'll get more for your car as you have basically no miles on it. Some people are looking for exactly what you have, a low-mileage unmolested car.

San

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have had offers in the low 50's this winter for my 07 to which I have said no because it's not listed for sale. I'm sure you could get the same especially as driving season in the north begins in a month or so. No way you should let such a clean example go for less than that.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Beautiful car with low miles and a great color...

Part of the trouble lately with prices and negotiation seems to be setting the right starting price. The traditional approach is to set the price maybe within 10 percent of expected or hoped for negotiated price and go from there.

However, lately it seems there's a boat load of reality shows on television where people are buying cars and typically if a seller is asking say $50,000 the buyer offers $25,000 or less! Buyers coming in to this market with that strategy won't go far unless we adjust by marking cars like yours at $75,000 or more and that just seems stupid.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I have had offers in the low 50's this winter for my 07 to which I have said no because it's not listed for sale. I'm sure you could get the same especially as driving season in the north begins in a month or so. No way you should let such a clean example go for less than that.
I'm sure it's not lost on you that you have probably the rarest and most desirable color out there.
Why yours will command a higher premium, is that unlike the other colors, you can't find a color close to it. Its either krypton green or bust.
To the OP, the reds have quite a few options (canyon, ardent) and from the research i did when looking for mine, super low mileage 07s didnt seem to command the price most would expect because of how much you could get an 08 240 for.
If you want to price it fairly, look for an 08 240 around with relatively low miles you and price it at that or just below

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Beautiful car with low miles and a great color...

Part of the trouble lately with prices and negotiation seems to be setting the right starting price. The traditional approach is to set the price maybe within 10 percent of expected or hoped for negotiated price and go from there.

However, lately it seems there's a boat load of reality shows on television where people are buying cars and typically if a seller is asking say $50,000 the buyer offers $25,000 or less! Buyers coming in to this market with that strategy won't go far unless we adjust by marking cars like yours at $75,000 or more and that just seems stupid.
I recently was just in the market for an Exige and it seems like negotiating is not an option. I must have put in offers for about 10 cars, and not a single offer was accepted and most weren't even acknowledged. I never tried to negotiate more than $2k off the posted price and I never even received a counter offer. Every time I have ever sold a car, I add a little buffer zone to my price because I know most people will want some sort of price reduction. Even in the winter, the Exige market is definitely a seller's market. I'm glad I was able to get it in before the next price hike.

·
Registered
133 Posts
$50k and hold tight. The mileage makes this car an opportunity for the right person to buy a new car.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
IMO, mileage isn't a really big factor because the drivetrain will last a long time. There are many guys with 200k+ miles on their 2ZZ. IMO 57k is price way too high. I would rather get into a S260 for that price especially considering the amount of upgraded over an standard S. For a quick sale I think 45k is fair. High 40's if you have time to wait.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Low 50s all day long...specially if you hold out until April or May when most car buyers get the itch.

I love that 2 years ago that would have been a 42k car!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I think your price is extremely high. Normally I wouldent comment but you asked for guidance.

I think 46-49k is about right. The car looks spectacular and certainly has low miles. However, I think about 75% of exige-s are low miles and near mint. My humble 07 for example is high milage at 15k, it is pretty much mint. I also think stock is pretty nuetral for value. Id rather buy one that has an aluminum radiator, baffled oil pan etc. I think stock is worth more than a highly modded car but maybe a bit less than one with reliability type mods.

Anyways the car is fantastic, but high 50 seems beyond reasonable.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts