The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any experiences on selling a 2008 elise SC? This car is in mint condition, 4400 miles, never tracked, never seen a drop of rain. All options, hard top, soft top, etc. Serviced annually. Only mod is a Larini sport exhaust which I love, but the stock can be re-installed as well. Not a single ding, not a single mechanical problem since purchase. Warranty until March 2013. I bought it new after sitting on a dealer lot for over a year and a half as did most elise's during the economic collapse. I am looking to trade for a 2012 Evora S and am trying to get a handle on what I can expect either from selling it privately or trading it in. I fully understand it is what the market will be, but I am looking for specific experience from the Lotus faithful so I at least have a fair notion of the price. MSRP was $62,885.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Any experiences on selling a 2008 elise SC? This car is in mint condition, 4400 miles, never tracked, never seen a drop of rain. All options, hard top, soft top, etc. Serviced annually. Only mod is a Larini sport exhaust which I love, but the stock can be re-installed as well. Not a single ding, not a single mechanical problem since purchase. Warranty until March 2013. I bought it new after sitting on a dealer lot for over a year and a half as did most elise's during the economic collapse. I am looking to trade for a 2012 Evora S and am trying to get a handle on what I can expect either from selling it privately or trading it in. I fully understand it is what the market will be, but I am looking for specific experience from the Lotus faithful so I at least have a fair notion of the price. MSRP was $62,885.
Thanks!
What color?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Someone recently posted a thread - which I cannot locate right now - about just purchasing a supercharged Elise (stock). I don't remember exactly what year, but I believe it is Saffron Yellow with ~4,000 miles for $39,999. I have a feeling that's likely a lower bound given the responses from other forum members in that thread (unless, of course, they were just trying to make themselves feel better....)

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
$38-40K depending on the season sounds about right.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
that sc price seems low to me. I've been watching prices in the east carefully, and based on non-sc 08+ Elises - and there are many fewer of these than earlier years - that deal seems at least $2k below market.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree, not many of these cars balanced with not many buyers, but when somebody wants one then there are not many choices. In particular, not many that are in mint condition. The typical car has been driven pretty hard. This car is perfect. No track time, not a drop of rain, not a single mechanical problem, serviced annually. At the end of the day it is a few $k variance depending on what somebody wants. Just as a point of reference. Newport European( one of the biggest Lotus dealers) has a 2011 SC with about 4k miles and they are asking $65k. Will not get that, but I would be shocked if they will sell it under $50k. There is no change in the car 2008 to 2011 to account for much of a difference--just sayin.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Storm titanium with black interior

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Think about the same as an 07 exige. High 30s to low 40 s

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just bought an 08 Elise SC in starlight black with 5k miles, warranty until March 2013 for $38k off this Board.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great buy! Congrats. You will enjoy the car.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What site? I don't see any 08 or 09 SC's for sale on this site.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Those numbers seem a tad bit low. The following links are for a 2009 Lotus Elise for the entire nation and out of 5 links, only 2 appeared:

(3 N/A Elise's, no SC's)

(2 SC Elise's, 3 N/A Elise's)

1 N/A Elise, 0 SC's

0 Elise & SC's
Kelly Blue Book shows a 2009 Elise SC in excellent condition retailing at $53,782
PS-The 2011 Elise SC I have is the face-lift Elise and is fully loaded with an original MSRP of almost $65K however it also has the Yokohamas A048 tires that you can no longer get on Elise models and currently working on a deal at close to asking price. :D

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Have to agree with Abe. $40k for an 08 or 09 SC is just an amazingly good deal. The original MSRP difference was $8k+? '08 and on non-SC Elises are not selling for $32k or $33k around these parts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts