What do you think?

• VIN is a typo, try to buy it anyways.

• It's Fake News.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I was looking for RWD, Manual, 2 Door sportscars on Autotrader and I spotted a very intriguing proposition:

A 2010 NA Evora for 20K

While it is a rebuilt title, it still seems suspiciously cheap, so I did some research.

According to the VIN via Florida's DMV: It is an Auto, in a different color, with more miles.
Font Number Screenshot

Huge Red Flag!

The only thing missing is the origin of the pictures.

Can anyone corroborate where these pictures are from? I recently found pictures of a suspicious rx-7 in a Jalopnik article so any clue helps :)

·
Administrator
13,522 Posts
So the other day I was looking for RWD, Manual, 2 Door sportscars on Autotrader and I spotted a very intriguing proposition:

A 2010 NA Evora for 20K

While it is a rebuilt title, it still seems suspiciously cheap, so I did some research.

According to the VIN via Florida's DMV: It is an Auto, in a different color, with more miles.
View attachment 1323081

Huge Red Flag!

The only thing missing is the origin of the pictures.

Can anyone corroborate where these pictures are from? I recently found pictures of a suspicious rx-7 in a Jalopnik article so any clue helps :)
More than likely a scam. Especially if it appeared on a Sunday. That was a pattern I discovered when I was looking for my car. It would appear on AT but if you went to dealers website it wasn't in inventory.

·
Administrator
13,522 Posts
This one is private seller maybe he got adjustment for more recent damage or there's work needed that made lower the cost his only option. The only way to know is face to face with a PPI.

Reactions: brgelise and donour

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am local to him so I sent him something along the lines of "If I can see it I'll buy it". I don't expect a response though.

I also noticed the liscnese plate in one of the pictures matches the vin is listing so now I'm REALLY confused.

·
Premium Member
9,473 Posts
If front end or rear end damage occurred, as said in the deer post a few threads back, value is diminished by~20-25%....Therefore as a 2010 add 20% and you get 24k-25K.................needs direct visual observation, could be a great deal for someone getting their foot in the Lotus door but assume it will need a fair amount of maintenance and love. Records do seem all screwed up...considering its Florida, no surprises. It is just a Toyota powerplant. Of course, no IPS in 2010 or 2011

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the google maps lookup haha

That is a good insight I didn't realize there were no autos for those years.

Cars can always be painted and wrapped especially after a rebuild.

As far as the mileage thing I went and checked my own cars and I found what I expect: the miles are lower than they are supposed to be, even lower than my last registration office visit. The weirdness is when they are higher, I feel like it takes more than incompetence.

I still haven't gotten a reply but the more I look at the forums the more money I want to spend one one lmao

1 - 10 of 10 Posts