The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I did the ac delete , removed everything except the blower box that's down inside the tunnel under the master cyl .
Well now my fan is on at all times , even with key out of car ! I say "fan " and not "fans " becuase it's specific to the harness plug that has the black and the grey wire - it's constantly on so either fan I plug into it it will run it . However the plug with the purple wire and the blue wire does not .
And no it has nothing with the fan on becuase car is still hot , I can come back the next day and plug fan in and it runs full tilt .
I've swapped switch packs , ecus , etc to no avail .!!! Any idea ???

I was thinking I'd just connect the fans to switched power so that they're on anytime car is turned on but couldn't find any switched power up front that could handle it unless someone has a good idea for this ??

Thanks in advance for any help

Btw - 05 elise

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would guess that something in the AC delete left an input to the ECU undefined. So the ECU is turning on the relay to the second fan. The ECU can configure the fans to run (electrically) in series or parallel. When parallel the second fan is fed directly from the battery bus. The blue/yellow wire to the AC control module is probably 0V and the blue/grey wire is +12V. I do not know how the ECU thinks inside, so I can't tell you what inputs to try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts