The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance at my frist test drive Monday am at Mid River.
Made and appointment the week before and drove for about four hours to get to dealership. Got meet the Elise parked out front all clean and pristine, each time I see one it assures me of how wonderful of an auto they are!
After crawling through every nook and cranny of it I was ready for a test drive. Steve Brown, the Lotus boss, started her up and suggested how to enter and exit the car and said lets go!! We went out the back roads of St Pete which was an excellent drive and nice way to get used to an unkown auto. Sevral curves and a nice straight section. This car is unbelievable to drive at any speed! Yes any speed, going slow or fast it just wants to be driven. The ride was very smooth even on a few potholes which was not exspected. The curves, what curves you could drive at what ever speed you were comfortable with. It just grabbed the blacktop and gave no sign of letting go! Not even a whisper from the tires!!
Steve had me read a statement from Lotus before we drove and explained the breakin and that we could for a short blast open her up to about 6500 rpm. :clap: :clap: :D We did this on an open straight and hit 80 mph in second and third gear!!!
We continued on the backroads for about 25 minutes and then went up on I370 and back on 170 to shop. This car is so incrediable to drive! Even at high speed you can still talk inside with the top off.
I would like to thank Steve for an excellent drive!!!! I then on the spot finished my order and now have to wait till mid winter for my car:(
The test drive was one of the best I have had. Totalled about 30 minutes and a great set of roads. Made my eight hour driving worth every penny!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.