The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...on the field (track) of battle!

Sold the Elise a couple days ago, picked this up to replace her. Cost twice as much, so I am getting rid of my BMW too. Fulfillment of a lifelong dream! This car is amazing in every way, but (and I'm not just saying this) it can't hold a candle to our dearest Elise in sporting character, immediacy, rawness, or looks. But, the new one will drive in the snow, and accelerates on the highway so fast it feels like my eyeballs are going to pop. Will miss you guys!

Best,
Russell

2009 TT, Alcantara interior, certified, but barely broken in.

And check out this crazy options list:

XCZ - Sport Shifter
810 - Floor Mats in Interior Color
CLG - Lid of Strg Bin Alcant. W/Logo
DAT - Gear Lever & Handbrake Alcant.
CLA - Steering Wheel in Alcantara
CNG - Lower Part of Rear Apron Pnted
CNE - Spoiler Lip Painted
619 - Bluetooth Phone Interface
870 - Universal Audio Interface
686 - XM Radio
P01 - Adaptive Sport Seats
635 - Parking Assist System
342 - Heated Front Seats
26121 - Door center panel in Alcantara
25231 - Frnt Seat Inlay Alcant Dev.Clr
220 - Lmtd Slip Rear Diffrntial Lock
XXZ - Foot Rest Aluminum
XSC - Porsche Crest in Headrest
XAJ - Side Skirts in Exterior Color
640 - Sport Chrono Package Turbo

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
great choice...

I will probably sell my elise at the end of summer next year (while there is still some warranty left on it)..hopefully Lotus will have something that keeps my interest to replace it then...if not, I will be looking for a low mileage GT3 or Aston......

·
Registered
113 Posts
Porsche, there is no substitute.

But...

Same holds true for the Lotus in my opinion. My end goal is to have one of each.

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Lotus - The only option in performance.

Anyways, I'm prob. also going to upgrade my Elise for a Evora in a year or two. I'd prefer the new Espirit, but chances are I will not have enough dough for that. :(

Nice car though, still no Lotus.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i eagerly await the firesale on naturally-aspirated evoras in about five years - a fantastic platform for aftermarket forced induction!.. :evil:

·
Puff Daddy
3,874 Posts
Excellent replacement choice... I recently sold my car also and was really debating ditching the BMW to get a single awesome car like you did.

I went the other route and downgraded my car hobby. I picked up something else and will make a post/build thread about it here once it arrives ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I agree that there is no substitute for the Elise. But it is funny, it really is the combination of my two cars with some additional fire thrown in. I have gotten used to 500 ft. Lbs as quickly as I got used to 133. Both are fantastic.

Some pics from today. Not great, but these are the first ones I've taken:

Here's my poor little orphan:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Porsche?

No starter button :eek: ?

Speed is realted to fun, but not directly. Not to mention "Try" working on the TT rotfl

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Wow, what a move. Good for you! Sad to see the Elise go. I think you were the first person I met who auto-X the Elise. So, are you gonna start auto-x'ing this one??? Have fun and good luck with this one.

I don't blame you on the move. I would make the same move for that or for AM Vantage.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey dude, how are you? Yes, I'm actually taking the TT to a motorsportsne event on Friday. Last one I went to I took the 335i and did okay, so although the turbo is no Elise on the course, I think it wil be worlds ahead of the BMW. I can't wait, honestly, so far the limits appear to be very high.

As for maintenance costs, I think they are no worse than the lotus serviced by a dealer or high end shop. Oil change and basic service is abou. $325, and the major services are $1,200. Tires are exorbitant. My car is under full factory warranty until 2015 or 100k, though, so other than mods and wear items, that is probably it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts