The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3rd Annual Vandenberg Air Force Base Exotic Car Show Saturday September 27th. Please support the troops and bring your Lotus to the beautiful Marshallia Ranch Golf Course. This is a FREE event, no charge! BUT YOU MUST SIGN UP, CANNOT JUST SHOW UP!

The Show is from 11-3 so easy to arrive from anywhere in Southern or Central Cal. Last year we had 100 cars including 10 Lotuses, this year we are expecting 150 cars and over 5,000 spectators. Great BBQ lunch at the Club House, wine tasting from 8 local wineries and on Friday (day before the show) an optional VIP tour of the base, see an actual Thor rocket launch pad and have dinner with the Airmen at the officers club. Also optional, after the show we are having dinner at the famous original Hitching Post Restaurant.

For those who want to spend one or two nights, special Car Show rates at the Embassy Suites Lompoc ($119). Caravans from San Fernando Valley both Friday and Saturday. VIP Tour Friday has very limited availability, reserve early if you want to attend. For info, see flyer, and to signup go to http://www.fastcars4vafb.com

Attachments

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Show in 8 weeks!

The show is in 8 weeks. We need more LOTI! On our way to 100+ cars we have over 50 Ferraris signed up, about 10 Lamborghinis but only 8 Lotus. The car show is FREE and meeting the Airmen is a blast. Have your car on display on the beautiful golf course fairway (see photo).

Attachments

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
I went last year and had a blast. Just signed up again for this year and I highly recommend it to anyone else who is considering. Of course there were a lot of nice late model Ferraris but I really got a kick at looking at some of the older stuff (Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati).

Also, it's much nicer to sit back and relax on the golf course than in a parking lot like most other shows.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Airmen is capitalized, as is Sergeant or Colonel. Airmen refers to anyone or everyone in the Air Force, regardless of their rank.

Airman refers to a rank of either Airman Basic (no stripe, E-1), Airman (one stripe, E-2), Airman First Class (two stripes, E-3) or Senior Airman (three stripes, E-4).

San

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is our all time favorite event! The joy and appreciation the airmen have for this is amazing! I give a must go recommendation to all!
Thanks! The Airmen love the show as much as the car owners...we will have over 100 exotic cars. With 8 weeks to go we now have 9 Lotus signed up (5 Lambos and about 40 Ferraris).

I suspect it's the only car show on a golf course in the country that is FREE to all car owners and spectators.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
This is a good one to bring the wives/girlfriends/mistresses to as well (just not all at once). They can get out of the sun and sit up in the clubhouse if they want, and last year there was wine tasting!

·
Registered
2006 BRG Elise - The best color
324 Posts
I've been both years and highly recommend this event. Planning to go again this year. The people are amazing and you'll have a great time talking with people who help protect our country. If you have the opportunity to go up on Friday, I'd do that too. You'll be able to sit down and have a meal with some of the volunteers that are helping to make this event a success. The tour of the base is fantastic too!

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CAR SHOW IN 6 WEEKS!

With 6 weeks to go, we have almost 100 Exotic Cars signed up to entertain the 5,000 spectators planning to attend. The local Central Coast Rock station 99.1 will be broadcasting live from the event. Right now we have over 50 Ferraris signed up and 11 Lotuses! We need more Lotus signups! How about a couple Nobles??

The car show is FREE to everyone, car owners and spectators. All car owners will receive Goody Bags also.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'm in ;p

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
4 weeks to show! We have 11 Lotus signed up, over 50 Ferraris and about 10 Lamborghinis. We need a few more Loti! The show is to support the troops and it's FREE to attend.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Please remember to send me next years date early so I can get it on the GGLC calender to bring down some cars and help celebrate this event! We have a run scheduled on that date this year but let's join you next year. This is a great event people! Lots of fun, great cause, and in a great area for canyon cutting!

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Show is in 2 weeks! We have 100 cars including 12 Lotus. Please support the troops, we hope to have a few more late signups. It's FREE!

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Any plans for a Saturday morning drive up like we did last year?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'll joining the Friday morning drive up this year so I'm out for the Saturday morning run to Vandenberg. See you all there!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Glad to see I won't be the only Lotus on Friday morning. Should be a great drive! Can't wait.
Another Lotus here for Friday morning.

Hey Notorious, hope you can make the show. Would be good to see you again.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 30 Posts