The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
You probably have a short in one of the front blinkers or the bulb is just not making a good contact. Ive had it happen twice. Try taking a knife and cleaning the contacts inside of where then bulb plugs in. A little contact cleaner wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have changed or inspected all the bulbs and I'm still getting the fast flash using the left turn signal. Ideas?

Thanks

Aaron

Are you getting a fast flash and the bulb is blinking, or is the bulb not blinking?

I had a similar problem 2 days ago with fast flash and no blink. I took bulb out and it looked good. Then I cleaned contacts, as stated above, reinserted, and all was good.

If you can confirm that bulb is good, use a tester to check if you have voltage on the back side ofthe socket. Could be a loose connection. If not, start tracing for a short.

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
I had the exact same problem a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that when I accidentally bumped the hazard switch the blinking changed for a moment.

This is a simple part to replace yourself and costs like $30-something from Lotus Garage, and blinkers work fine now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts