The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '07 Exige wants to turn left faster than right. The number of clicks of the blinker are about twice as fast. Is this a replacement of a part? (and if so, what part?) or can I adjust something or replace a fuse or bulb?

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Ben

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
mines done it since new, never really explored it,bulbs all work ok, lotus chaps mentioned it could be a known issue.

maybe a bad ballast module

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...the rate at which electro-mechanical turn signals and hazard lights click is directly proportional to the resistance on each respective circuit - if you're blinking quickly, it's either a bad bulb, incorrectly specified bulb, or wiring fault...

...alternatively, the actual blinker mechanism could be faulty...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I would bet it's a bad ballast module because all the lights work, they just blink too fast.

I'll take it in and see what the dealer has to say. Looks like a trip to Dallas!

Ben

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
There is only one flasher unit, therefore that is not the problem because the other side flashes normally. As stated before either a bulb on the same side is out, remember to check the side repeater lamp also, or a resistance fault

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
I have this same issue since I shaved my front turn signals...I think I need a resistor of some sort to fix this.

·
Registered
340 Posts
This is a known service issue, it probably is not a burned out bulb but certainly that is easy to check. Mine worked fine for a while and then got the fast blink on the left. I brought my '06 in and it was corrected under warranty.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
The LED modules have something different about them that causes it, but it is a swap out part if all the bulbs are lit and all the wires are connected.

If it ends up being that, find out what part it is, so i can swap mine out :)

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
It's the taillight. Bad flasher relay or whatever. Happened to me once and actually i have it again right now. Waiting for the new taillight.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
mine was intermittant, i swapped the right with the left lamp assy.
it changed sides. i didn't swap the ballast.
lotus kindly changed the offending lamp and all is well!
sam

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
oh yeah, post a bigger picture of your avatar. lol

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
oh yeah, post a bigger picture of your avatar. lol
Here ya go!

Here's the larger version of my Avatar. I just took the "Micro" car idea a step further. Hope you like it!

segway.jpg

Details!

This new 2 wheeled "Segway" takes the platform to the next level! At only 1077 pounds with the new S 260 supercharged engine, the 0-60 time is only 2.02 seconds. The steering wheel, brakes and gas pedal have been replaced with a "T" handle. Lotus has upped the Track Pack to handle up to 3G turns. With a top speed of 188 miles per hour, you'll zip past the other traffic, trains and some small planes on the way to work. To order, call 555-WHOA. The price is around $500K (depending on options and color.) Delivery is set for late 2035, so get your deposit in NOW!

Ben

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
ahahahaaa!! thanks, Ben!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts