The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fastest Delivery Ever - 22 hours

Its now Friday, around 6:30am, Melbourne time.

Two days ago, I test drove the 111R with Touring Pack for an hour or so.

Awesome car, great fun, quick, tight, nice finish & build quality.

Well, I didn't sleep very well that night, churning the numbers and sensibility of an Elise over and over in my mind.

Then, yesterday morning, the dealer says he has an Elise in Customs in my color - Ardent Red - and it will be on the showroom floor in the afternoon.

So that afternoon [12 hours ago now] I go down to the showroom, and placed my order after seeing the car in the flesh.

And the dealer says, "We can have it ready tomorrow if you like" !!!!

So I'm picking up my Ardent Red Elise 111R with Touring Pack and Black OZ Racing Wheels and Yokie A048 rubber in 10 hours.

So 22 hours from Order to Delivery!

Unbelievable I know - this has got to be the fastest prep & delivery ever!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Re: Fastest Delivery Ever - 22 hours

NevB said:

Well, I didn't sleep very well that night, churning the numbers and sensibility of an Elise over and over in my mind.

Then, yesterday morning, the dealer says he has an Elise in Customs in my color - Ardent Red - and it will be on the showroom floor in the afternoon.

So that afternoon [12 hours ago now] I go down to the showroom, and placed my order after seeing the car in the flesh.

So I'm picking up my Ardent Red Elise 111R with Touring Pack and Black OZ Racing Wheels and Yokie A048 rubber in 10 hours.

Wow, I'm really excited for you. Such a short wait. That's really great. Tomorrow huh. That's really great.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Fastest Delivery Ever - 22 hours

_JD_ said:
Wow, I'm really excited for you. Such a short wait. That's really great. Tomorrow huh. That's really great.
Thanks _JD_

Pickup today :D only 9 hours to go now!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Don't forget pictures for us starving yanks. Specially of the black oz wheels.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll post a heap of piccies over the next few days.

I test drove the Elise S, Elise 111 Sport, and Elise 111R back to back, and the 111R is easily the most fun.

Also, the standard 111R exhaust sounds great to me, much like an aftermarket sports exhaust, but not too loud and much better sound than a standard K series car.

I had an aftermarket exhaust on my Nissan 200sx, but I don't think I would get one for the 111R if its much louder than the stock one.

And when the VVT kicks in - wow - like a low boost turbo :D

·
Registered
963 Posts
I don't hate you, but you suck.:D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
It's safe to say you're garnering quite the hate, erm...fan club here.

What have they told you about initial service?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Can't wait to see pics of the car in ardent red. Congrats!

-Eric

·
Registered
2,269 Posts

NevB said:

Black, Red, or Biscuit interior?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Am I the only one thats wondering how long the boat ride from Hethel to Melbourne is?

For this car to be bought today, didn't it have to leave the factory maybe 3-4 months ago?

Steve

·
Registered
2,154 Posts

NevB said:

What a ridiculous way to buy a car!! Much better to place a deposit and wait 18 months, all the while hoping that the car turns out to be what you want, even though you haven't seen the final version.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Re: Re: Fastest Delivery Ever - 22 hours

jml1952 said:
What a ridiculous way to buy a car!! Much better to place a deposit and wait 18 months, all the while hoping that the car turns out to be what you want, even though you haven't seen the final version.
I'm trying to ascertain how many people, upon picking up their cars when they arrive, will realize that they have feet larger than the maximum allowed (11-D Width) and thereby are unable to hit the brake without hitting the accelerator, requiring them to ask the service dep't to adjust the spacing between the pedals and receive a resounding 'huh?' Should make for some good Lotus stories and a lot of quickly available cars.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
babak said:
It's safe to say you're garnering quite the hate, erm...fan club here.

What have they told you about initial service?
Not much so far ...

Bring the car in at 1500kms, labour is free, oils etc are charged

1 - 20 of 28 Posts