The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kim was the fastest female of the day at the Tire Rack autox. I do not have the updated sheet, but it shows her having the fastet Lotus time too of 51.349.

I cant say how proud of my baby I am. She beat me by 6 seconds

Out of 22 men,only 6 guys were faster than her. Thats my girl!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thought I would through in a pic of myself. I had just had a plate and screws put in my clavical (which I broke in 2 places and it was displaced) a few days before and managed to tear my stitches so I was back on with the arm brace and had to eat a bunch of painpills.

Thats my, where am I? dazed look

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Richard McManhon in his Exige had the fastest lapof our class, but the paperwork they gave us was a bit messed upand the one I took a pic of had Kim being the fastest.

If Richard was first, Kim defintely was the second fastest.

At least I wasnt the slowest of the day. But I bet I had the biggest injury of the folks running.

The Tire Rack folks did a great job of putting on a event!!!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Well done Kim! Great to hear!

Is that Chris (Pooter) is see in the back with his car on the trailer?

Also, what's up with that Olive green Exige? I've never seen that before - pretty cool!

Would have loved to join, but was up at Road America for the Brian Redman stuff. Had fun on the touring lap (got up to around 115mph) but there were a lot of cars out there, and of course, a couple of guys being complete jagoffs!

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
way to go :up:

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Thought I would through in a pic of myself. I had just had a plate and screws put in my clavical (which I broke in 2 places and it was displaced) a few days before and managed to tear my stitches so I was back on with the arm brace and had to eat a bunch of painpills.

Thats my, where am I? dazed look
Congrats to Kim!

Dude, you auto x'ed like that? Tough guy. I like you already.
Thats kinda how I look playing ball except my knees are banged up too. :)

Looked like a good day.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Well done Kim! Great to hear!

Is that Chris (Pooter) is see in the back with his car on the trailer?

Also, what's up with that Olive green Exige? I've never seen that before - pretty cool!

Would have loved to join, but was up at Road America for the Brian Redman stuff. Had fun on the touring lap (got up to around 115mph) but there were a lot of cars out there, and of course, a couple of guys being complete jagoffs!
I wonder why he didnt drive in..... Maybe to haul supplies?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put the brace on after I tore my shoulder and quit driving.

It was my first time at a autox, so I had to try my luck

Pooter broght the trailer so he could bring supplies like air tank and tools

·
Registered
324 Posts
Had a great time yesterday! It was the first time I have auto-x'ed and was a lot of fun. I think we all did a great job out there. Thanks for letting us know about it Chris. Congrats to Kim for being the top female out there. I can't believe you were out there with a broken collarbone Darrin.
Swinglo, as far as the matte green, I will get some pictures up soon. Let me tell you, it was a lot of work.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Rich - that's YOUR car? You covered the black ballistik with a olive wrap? Dude, I gotta hear the story!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
It's like a Glenn commercial! :)

Your mobile marketing department! :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I trailered out there because I like to bring all my tools and spare wheels and stuff. I normally have my truck already loaded because I trailer my offroad rig to the offroad parks alot. It's just easier to toss the lotus on the trailer and jump in my truck. It's like driving a big comfy couch with a really good sound system. Also, my truck doubles as a hotel room. I parked between some semi trucks at the local Walmart, jumped in the back seat, and passed out.

As for the racing, I was about a second behind rich. I think my best time was 52.5 (my last lap for the day I went all out). Unfortunately, I struggle in the supercharged power department... Therefore, I have to make up time by driving like a maniac.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts