The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Maniacal Motorist
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a BOE Fastworks tutorial on YouTube. It would appear that my copy has no access to any of that functionality. Am I missing something?

I got a tune from BOE after my chargercooler install. It's pretty good, but there is a substantial stumble with initial increase in throttle. When I ask for power, I want it now, of course.

What is the secret for making adjustments? My car isn't local to BOE, so it's been a long-distance relationship. I'm in O.C., CA.

Thx All

·
Illegal Alien
4,999 Posts
You need to talk with BOE directly. My experience on my Series 1 S model, producing about 365 Hp at wheels, was that throttle tip-in response was far superior than stock. What evora submodel, SC and chargecooler are you running?

·
Maniacal Motorist
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, as a side note, I initially had my o2 cables crossed, with two post-cat inputs going to bank one. Should I reflash the tune again now that the inputs are sorted? Also going to clean my MAF.

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
591 Posts
There is a bit of a learning process with the ECU where it takes a few drives to get it smoother. Pretty much baby it for the first drive or so. I would do the reflash since you changed the O2 wiring.

Unfortunately you can't access any of the tuning with the boe tune. That's my biggest issue with it. My cold start has always been a bit of an issue, but it has improved with the warmer weather. This would be the only reason I would go stand alone, just to be able to see what's going on and have it adjusted as needed.

·
Maniacal Motorist
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll give that a whirl.

I have some emails in to BOE regarding my concerns. I'm confident we'll get them sorted.

·
Maniacal Motorist
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reflash and cleaning of MAF sensor did not change anything. Car has passed CA SMOG, so now I have plenty of time to experiment.

I did isolate the engine stumbling/chugging to initial acceleration events started from below about 3300 RPM. I haven't observed any hesitation if I'm above that.

I'm considering doing a dyno session to get some good empirical data to discuss with BOE as necessary. Maybe try to log some plots with Torque app and analyze.

·
Maniacal Motorist
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately, Sport mode doesn't solve anything. No callbacks yet from the local Dyno tuners.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts