The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, it's my day. I'm going to the SuperCar (Woodland Hills) show in the morning and relax with the other Lotus owners and look at the other cars. Maybe I'll take a drive. LOTUS DAY! I like it! Anyone want to join me?:wave:

No screaming babies, no ingrate brats or no obnoxious teenagers with attitudes.:no: I'm WAY out of that stuff. I'll meet my "kids" for dinner and engage in a mature conversation (My "kids" are 33, 33 and 26). One advantage of an OLD (ancient?) dad!:D

--Hal

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I should be there too

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I'm committed to go.
Morgan is bringing his orange beast.

After seeing that, I might be commited.:crazyeyes
Does ShadyDale Home for the Aged have a good rep?

--Hal

·
Registered
369 Posts
I may go, just spent the day getting ready for having my dad over. So what is a girl to do? The L is clean, and I will leave the F at home.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sorry Hal, can't make it tomorrow , gotta finish prepping the car for monday's sector111 event ! :clap: Bummed you can't go... I already put on the ugly blue tape rotfl

Happy Fathers day to you and all the other fathers out there! :coolnana:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PICS!!!

Nice to meet you in person, Morgan. Popular guy! Thousands of sports car enthusiasts swarming over your Caterham! It was tough to say "Hi!" with the masses. The car looks fantastic! Makes the Elise like a Limo'!

Here are a few pics. Besides Mopho's Superlight 7, there was a stunning green Aston Martin (for sale!) and a weird 'ol XKE with a strange front appearance. Was that a modifed front hood?

--Hal

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
I ended showing up a little after 10. My phone was just about dead and did not have Hal number with me. But not a problem, I had the Sunday LA times and a cup of coffee. I backed the car in next to a red Ferrari 360 spider, and sat their reading the paper and watched the car. Had more people looking and taking pictures next to the car then the ferrari:D.

Decided I would drive Stunt, Piamu and up and down Rock Store. There was a fair number of cyclist on the road, so did not puch it too much.

Before I went back down, I stopped at the top. Right away a women came over commenting on how they do not see many girls driving the canyons. Her s/f came over and asked to sit in the car. At first he was not sure how I fit due to being just under 6 feet or how we would fit. He commented on how he could get in touch with the car and road. Then an older guy came over, he saw the car coming up, and commented to his buddies that the driver drives like a girl, then I go flying by, (he had seem me drive the canyons before). The girl commented on how cool it was when I flew by. The guy then comments you don't drive like a typcial girl.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Hal, sorry I didn't get to talk more. I turned around and you were gone.

We went for a fantastic ride after

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
kgalgas you probably saw me around your car. I came in a red BMW 1600 Cabriolet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts