The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got any favorite routes? Here’s one of mine in southeast Ohio.

From the article: “The driving route is maybe the best in the world, this side of the Nürburgring,” says our John Phillips. “But you have to tackle it in the morning on weekdays to avoid traffic and school buses. Cops are few.”

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
NC 80 in Western North Carolina. I first learned to drive there. Something like the famous “Dragon” but steeper in many areas.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's not a route that I can take on a whim, but if you ever find yourself in Portugal, N379-1 between Sesimbra and Setubal is very scenic, with a great ocean view from a mountain ridge. We were taking the long route along the coast from Lisbon to the Algarve.

N222 (or maybe N108, can't remember which one), a good distance east of Porto, is also nice with lots of twists and wineries to visit along the way.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@PeteB37 Absolutely, the whole area is fantastic. While not in the Hocking Hills, another favorite of mine is 555 from Zanesville down to the Ohio river. I believe it’s around 70 miles. Roads are in pretty good shape, almost no traffic, lots of amazing curves with elevation and camber changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts