The Lotus Cars Community banner

What is your favorite color other than what you ordered?

• Saffron Yellow

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Ardent Red

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Bordeaux Red Pearl

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Magnetic Blue

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Aubergine Purple

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Storm Titanium

• Arctic Silver

• British Racing Green

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Aztec Bronze

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nightfall Blue

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Starlight Black

• Graphite Grey

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Chrome Orange

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • Krypton Green

• Lazer Blue

Votes: 5 6.7%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So now that we've gotten pretty good pictures of every color, has anything crept up on you? Are there any colors that you would be glad to take? What's your favorite color other than the one you ordered?

For me i think Krypton Green really came out looking awesome. I also like it because i don't think many people have or will order it. I'm a little disappointed in the amount of people that ordered Chrome Orange, i hope it doesn't end up being the signature color for the car. I don't know if i would change my order right now to KG, but i would at least think about it if i could.

EDIT: you know you're obsessed with a car when you can name every color it's offered in off the top of your head.

-Steve

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Chrome Orange was my original choice before KG was announced, so that's definitely the color I'd have ordered if it weren't for KG.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MikeAR303 said:
Chrome Orange was my original choice before KG was announced, so that's definitely the color I'd have ordered if it weren't for KG.
good to know i have someone to trade with if we're unhappy ;)

·
Registered
963 Posts
I ordered SY first, then changed it to CO. But now, when I see SY, I still want it. :(

I don't know what to do. Those two colors are the best ones for me, and I only get one of them.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
offroadr35 said:
good to know i have someone to trade with if we're unhappy ;)
I'm sure we'll both be very happy with our cars :D

Both colors are very cool and make most of the other colors look extremely boring. I think the only color I'd choose out of the "normal" bunch would be graphite.

·
Registered
157 Posts
No fair...I probably won't order until October :mad:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Chrome Orange was my original choice.
Krypton Green was my second.

My wife likes the orange, and didn't like the green, so that ended any debate for me...:)

I wanted a color that would be seen - all the other colors are pretty common, and I would blend into traffic. I've always wanted a Yellow Lotus, but the black trim makes a Yellow Elise look too busy - and reminds me of a bee...:p

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
CO- seeing it on the car in sunlight really help. Heck just talked to the dealer to check if there's still time to change over to the dark side. If not will be happy with the yellow.

·
Registered
739 Posts
It was all about visibilty for me - SIlver was ruled out 'cos that's what I had last time (red seats) so it was down to Saffron Yellow or Chrome Orange, both of which look equally superb IMHO.

... and I just couldn't ever admit to my mum that I bought an orange car, so yellow it is! If I had to change I'd go CO and change my name.

Yellow is a Lotus racing colour so that's good enough for me.

:D

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I ordered Yellow. I tried to change it to Chrome Orange but I dont think it worked. :)

I'd still like CO if I could get it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
tidalwdave said:
I ordered SY first, then changed it to CO. But now, when I see SY, I still want it. :(

I don't know what to do. Those two colors are the best ones for me, and I only get one of them.
Tidal, you have to stay with the CO so we can swap.... remember?

I am curious why no one is talking about the Ardent Red... the color is HOT and looks fantastic on the car.
Everyone just scared getting pulled over in it?!?!?!?
Just look at it... Beautiful!

but I still love CO.... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
I just switched today from Graphite Gray to black (Thanks to Tom at Criswell for putting up with me!). Every car I've ever owned (6 so far) has been black. And every time, I always swear that I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER BLACK CAR, EVER! But here we go again..., pull out the polish and buffer!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Paul MD said:
It was all about visibilty for me - SIlver was ruled out 'cos that's what I had last time (red seats) so it was down to Saffron Yellow or Chrome Orange, both of which look equally superb IMHO.

... and I just couldn't ever admit to my mum that I bought an orange car, so yellow it is! If I had to change I'd go CO and change my name.

Yellow is a Lotus racing colour so that's good enough for me.

:D
I really don't think visibility is a good excuse for ordering a color, but somehow you have ended up with the right color. Congrats.

Silver is a non-color (for me), as is black. CO just doesn't hold a candle to SY, in my opinion. However, I don't have a problem with those who have settled on this color. Likewise BRG or BRP. Or Ardent Red. However, you silver, graphite, storm titanium folks completely mystify me. I didn't realize that the colorblindness gene was that prevalent in the overall population.

If you have ordered Aubergine Purple, Krypton Green or Aztec Bronze, you clearly need psychiatric counseling. Perhaps Oprah will do a show on people who don't realize that cars need color to have personality and an easy 10-step program to help them. Just kidding (I think).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ardent Red, would have been harder to keep clean than Saffron Yellow.

Also not as visible as Saffron, and red is a Ferrari color. =)

·
Registered
156 Posts
jml1952 said:
I really don't think visibility is a good excuse for ordering a color, but somehow you have ended up with the right color. Congrats.
For me it was a top concern, the SUV drivers in Miami scare me. :eek:

·
Registered
739 Posts
On the basis that most US drivers (particularly SUV's) don't look further ahead than their radio dial... I want to give myself all the luck I can get when it comes to being seen!!!

(US driving is among the worst in the world - and I've been to a lot of countries. A generalisation of course but I have just been mortified by it - comes of having a driving test that is an absolute joke I guess)

This car is below the window line of most things on the road here!

:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts