The Lotus Cars Community banner

Favorite Lotus Color

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't name a favorite color... sometimes I feel really british and want to drive BRG/LRG... sometimes I feel like blending in with graphite gray... and sometimes I want to be chrome orange.

Did you guys pick your lotus based on its color...? Or did you get a lotus for another reason, and just accept the color?

Top 3 colors....... GO

(poll only allows 20 options, so we can't include every color!)

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,587 Posts
Isotope or Krypton Green
Chrome Orange

I didn't pick mine based on its color but it was a plus. There were some cars I passed on based on color though.

·
2006 Exige
975 Posts
This link has a list with pics of the 35 different Exige S2 colors available (not including the special editions like the Club Racer or Scura):

Lotus Exige

If you make a poll, can you include that many options???

Anyway, my top three for Exiges would be:

1 - Chrome Orange
2 - Ardent Red
3 - Sky Blue (as on the Club Racer)

There are so many great colors though. Tough to choose. I also like the Isotope Green and Ice White a lot.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
My favorite color is BRG.

I bought my Persian Blue because that's what the dealer had in his showroom, and I do like the color, it's just not my favorite. Other favorites are Solar Yellow, and for Evoras only I like white and aquamarine. I think some colors look good on some Lotus models but not others.

ETA: Lotus offers the best color palette of any car manufacturer, hands down.

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Of course, for my own car, I love the "Indy Green" aka Motorsport Green, with the classic Lotus contrasting yellow stripe.

But Chrome Orange is super impressive on an Elige or Evora. Have that on wheels, mirrors, wing endplates on the Elise.

·
Registered
505 Posts
i chose mine because of 3 reasons
1/ I wanted a bright color,imo ,these tiny little things need to be seen or youre asking to be totalled or worse
2/the black accents really pop on a bright color
3/i always thought krypton and c/o reminded of jap spec fast and furious,and red(look i have a ferrari) so wasnt interested in them ,i like looking at them,but wasnt interested in owning that color and silver/white seem very boring to me

so it was saffron yellow for me

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Solar Yellow!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Wow Travis... pic #2 of the Azure Blue... LOG 22. If I recall that is or was Doug's car whom I went on the factory tour with.

Robert

·
Registered
978 Posts
Picked mine for the color.

1. Krypton Green
2. Blue from the club racer
3. Chrome Orange

Attachments

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
My 3 are:

1. Chrome orange
2. Laser Blue
3. Storm Ti - my favorite of all the more subtle colors.

I'd also add persian blue metallic as a close fourth but that's only available on the Exige.

·
Registered
41 Posts
1) Ardent red
2) Krypton Green
3) Chrome Orange

Flashy colors are awesome!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts