The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I've got Exige wheels on my magnetic blue Elise, and I think they look sharp.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
If you're going strictly with looks, these are hard to beat. Had them on both Exiges and 2 Elises. Love 'em from a looks perspective.

Being fairly heavy, though, not the best performance option for the car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you're going strictly with looks, these are hard to beat. Had them on both Exiges and 2 Elises. Love 'em from a looks perspective.

Yes, they are heavier than other options. On the plus side, because people replace them with lighter wheels, they are relatively inexpensive. I would have preferred black LSS wheels, but these came locally at a really good price and I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I have been thinking of the same wheels/colour for my Ardent Red Elise. If you have time, I would very much like a better shot from the side to show the wheels.

:smile2:
I updated the pic. If you have time, I would very much like my first (ugly) pic removed from your quote! :smile2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
they can't be heavier than the stock Elise wheels. Any know the weight of these ?

·
Registered
305 Posts
PIAA FR7. Been installed since 2008. Couldn't be happier.

Purchased from "Force Fed" at the time.

I also have a set PIAA FRS on my MINI. Ditto 9on the quality.

I don't see either very often.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
they can't be heavier than the stock Elise wheels. Any know the weight of these ?
Actually, yes they are, because they are larger (fronts). The rears 'Y' wheels are slightly heavier than base, the fronts much more so.

From SELOC (weights in kg):

S2 Wheel Options - TechWiki

Attachments

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
I think it depends on what you're after. Some wheels make the car look heavy, others make it look light or mean, or even classy. My favorites have to be the LS 240R wheels though, and the finish, and barrel finish are just pure Lotus jewelry. I think it also matters what tire, size and stance you choose.

Vapor Trail.
by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

Archimedes.
by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I updated the pic. If you have time, I would very much like my first (ugly) pic removed from your quote! :smile2:
Done, Thanks for posting, those wheels look really nice on an AR elise. :grin2:

21 - 40 of 48 Posts