The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m sitting in the Columbus air terminal having just come from the IMSA race. Last night I was driving back from the track and I noticed a blue Elise sitting in a parking lot. I stopped and the driver said that he worked for Lotus Engineering out of Detroit and the Fed. Elise was for the company's use and was a "mileage accumulation" car, and he had driven to the race. He also stated that his boss, CEO of Lotus Engineering U.S., was at Hethel last week trying to find out why the car was being delayed. He had no further info. Pirelli girl pictures to follow........(Randy, do you want to host my race pics?)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That's gotta be the same one I saw a few weeks ago on I-75 south of Toledo. I'll bet it's wearing grooves into the pavement between Detroit/Columbus/Cincy/Cleveland.

It might make an appearance at the Indy race in Cleveland over the Fourth...who knows???

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
just saw that race on the tube. is that a good track for spectating? clear sight lines to the track without fencing?

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
i saw it also. I found these races boring ever since the ALMS banned the M3 GTR. the ferraris still suck as well as the Saleen S7. I'm getting tired of Porsche and Corvette winning all the time. However, the new MG lola is pretty badass and I was disappointed when one was knocked out in the first lap and the other fell behind after a pit stop followed by the caution. How the hell did Weaver fall behind 1 lap to JJ Lehto in the R8?

I do like the Lambo though, it looks very wicked and I hope they will be competitive. Where was the TVR and i thought there was a Zonda in there too.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Should've asked how many miles were on the car and what problems if any it was having. That's why they're doing the mileage test I imagine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw the car at Mid-Ohio also, i've seen it at Lotus Engineering in Ann Arbor, MI numerous times. I see that car everywhere I go. Oh yeah, got to sit inside the Noble M12, one nice car. BTW, the Murcielago was amazing at Mid-Ohio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts