The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought a set of factory shop manuals with every car, and hope to do the same with the Elise. Is this difficult?

Some manufacturers turn a blind eye toward full-scale reproduction of their manuals -- Suzuki, for example.

Others (Saturn) see it as a profit center and sell it piecewise.

Nissan had the best offering -- 100% on-line PDFs, nicely indexed and yours for the downloading for $20/day. Over 1000 pages of inscrutible diagrams! Or ~$200 for a CD-ROM.

How hard are Lotus shop manuals to come by? Do they even exist?

I'm mostly in it for the wiring diagrams -- what color wire in what bundle goes where.. factory torque specifications for major nuts & bolts.. Even if it falls short of a full engine teardown, it would be nice to buy one.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the details! I'm excited to hear that a complete manual set is already available for the 111R, even from such a low-volume manufacturer. I guess they need something to give the service shops too. :)

NevR: You mentioned the OBD pinout -- one of the first things I would look up. Do you think you could post the pinout for the 111R when you get a chance? Specifically, I'm anxious to find out if it has high-speed or low-speed CANbus available on it, with HS usually on pins 6 & 14. THANKS!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh cool, score! Let's hope we get the same (T4 ECU from EFI Tech?).

CANBus allows all kind of detailed datalogging and instrumenting that were just too slow to be useful on OBD-II.

It's more useful on a car where everything from power windows to the radio is controlled by CAN, but still, it should have a wealth of engine info.

It's also the most likely place to find our Black Box recording of past performance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.