The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I ordered a 'workshop manual set' from my local dealer when I got my 111R

After some weeks, I took delivery of the Service Notes, Engine Repair 1 & 2, and Transmission Repair as per Stefans post.

The Service Notes are very educational - lots of detail about the 111R and Exige - very worthwhile to an elise owner even if you never plan to work on the car.

As Stefan notes, the other 3 manuals are direct from Toyota, and really are targeted at a professional workshop.

Cheers

NevB

·
Registered
100 Posts
Stefan,

Yep, I've had it for maybe a month now.

First thing I did was buy an OBD connector at Jaycar and wire in another 12V power source for my GTech Competition Pro.

[in fact, the OBD wiring is readiliy available on the web, so I didnt need the workshop manual, but it was fun anyhow]

Cheers,

NevB

PS: One thing the Exige has [missing on the 111R] is battery posts under the front left bonnet cover - much easier 12V access.

·
Registered
100 Posts
All the non-Toyota stuff is covered in the Service Manual, ie interior, electrical, suspension, brake systems, etc

I dont expect Lotus will have an electronic version anytime soon, but some energetic souls have scanned and PDFd the S2 Service Manual, so I'm sure the 111R/Fed Elise version will hit the web eventually [not from this little black duck though]

Cheers

NevB

·
Registered
100 Posts
Keep in mind that the 111R wiring might be different to the Fed Elise ...

Anyhow, here is the 111R OBD :

pin 01: not used
pin 02: not used
pin 03: not used
pin 04: GND
pin 05: GND
pin 06: CAN_H
pin 07: ECU pin 58
pin 08: not used

pin 09: not used
pin 10: not used
pin 11: not used
pin 12: ABS
pin 13: not used
pin 14: CAN_L
pin 15: ECU pin 73
pin 16: 12V

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.