The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just checked out the racing green elise at newport, it had georgia dealer plates. it must be a demo. i just wanted to give everyone here in so cal a heads up. i wonder if you can test drive it? i'll call them tommarow. IT'S GETTING REEAALLY CLOSE TO CRUNCH TIME!!!!

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
they have a chrome orange, too. but christine told me it's out. I'm going to email her to see when she'll get it back.

was it in the showroom or outside? I'd like to see the CO under the sun.

600!! booya!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's outside, behind their front gate. i NEED to see the CO elise. are they giving test drives of the fed elise?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The Krypton Green Elise was at Toyota for evaluation, but it's going to Motor Trend. The Chrome Orange is currently with Road and Track.

These are LCU's "Press Cars", not Newport European cars, so no test drives are allowed in these cars. I think Newport European has these cars because they're centrally located to the west coast based automotive publications. (i.e Motor Trend and Road & Track) Besides, who wouldn't want to be in Newport Beach? :p

Bob

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Newport does not have a car. I emailed Andrew and got this response just now:

I do not have a chrome orange car here. Lotus is showing some press cars at various events so it may show up in the future but nothing is planned at this point.

-Steve

·
Registered
228 Posts
rtking said:
The Krypton Green Elise was at Toyota for evaluation, but it's going to Motor Trend. The Chrome Orange is currently with Road and Track.
Cool. That would mean that R&T is testing an LSS, correct?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Unfortunately I don't know the configuration of the press vehicles, so I'm not sure if either of them has the LSS. I suppose if one of us wanted to drive by R&T's Newport Beach offices, we might be able to see if it does... :p

IMHO, I think Andrew's response is accurate. Newport European does not have any Chrome Orange Elises yet. LCU has press cars that may "visit" Newport European while waiting for journalists to pick them up, but they don't belong to Newport European. It's just a convenience afforded the journalist to have a car close by. And those cars can disappear just as quickly as they appear.

As for Newport European's demo... I think they're in the same boat as everyone else (literally!) So when demos arrive at other dealers, Newport will probably get theirs also.

Bob

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
My flatmate just called me from his cell to say he was next to a chrome orange Elise on his way to the shopping center. I'll get more details from him when he returns, but I assume he was on Jamboree going into the Tustin Marketplace. He said he was going to try and ask the driver some questions....

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
originally posted by zvezdah1
Only the one CO car far as I know, it was equipped with LSS.
Kermit has LSS setup also.

Shay,
I meant their was only one Chrome orange car, but I think four of the cars at the press launch had LSS. not that the CO was the only LSS car.
Chris;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I live a few miles from Newport European. I swing by there every now and then and, for whatever reason, they always have an Elise there. I'll continue to swing by there and take pictures of whatever Elise is there with the digital camera for you guys. Any requests for a close up of a particular part of the car?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Balance said:
I live a few miles from Newport European. I swing by there every now and then and, for whatever reason, they always have an Elise there. I'll continue to swing by there and take pictures of whatever Elise is there with the digital camera for you guys. Any requests for a close up of a particular part of the car?
Make sure the pic shows the tailpipe configuration and type of rims. Other than that, it's all good. More pics!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts