The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an on-line Registry for Fed Elise owners?

Can one be added to ETalk?

There are registries for Sevens, Elite (early), Elans, Europas, Esprits... how about one for our cars?

Kiyoshi

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
What would we want on this? Can you link me to an example that is a good one?

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I suppose a registry is useful in identifying the VIN #'s of cars that have been totalled or stolen so they don't end up being mis-represented if resold.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You may also want to talk to Joe Saturnia, who did the same thing for the Esprit registry, now hosted at Karl-Franz's Esprit Fact File. (I liked the look of the page better when Joe hosted it himself, but KFM's site is such a valuable reference for Esprit owners that it seems churlish to complain.) You can get there through http://www.saturnia.org/.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think there's a need. See the thread from Surfer on the situation with Robert's Snuffy-I. I don't think any of us would like to see it get into the hands of anyone not aware of its past.

Ideally a Registry could be a sort or report on the ETalk Member List, but I can't bear to ask Randy to do any more work. We are all indebted to him as it is.

A Regsitry could be linked to ETalk which would be nearly as good, we'd need someone to host. Unibrain aka Jim, could be the right person. He's already hosting an Elan registry & volunteered (see early post).

Next step seems to be Randy's call?

Kiyoshi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts