The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear I just saw a new Fed Elise, maroon with LSS rims, on PCH the other day. Anyone know if there are some in the states? I got a pretty good look at it and also had a friend call me a few day before claiming he saw a similar(same?) maroon Elise in Laguna....

The dual center exhausts were pretty distinctive!

Anyone know if there are a few in the states for shows?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
This car has been spotted in Southern California a number of times in the last 6 weeks. I think I heard it was being held here for some reason... to fit on the 3M film or something.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought so! I was doubting my sanity there for a second. Was suprised to think that it looked a bit bigger then expected.

Have seen them before in the shows, but never on the streets.

How I would love to take that one for a little test drive in the canyons!!!!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
If it was sunny, how did it look in daylight??

I was quite tempted by this color, but the car looked a little flat in overcast weather when I saw it at the LA Auto Show in the parking lot.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
That car and the silver one are supposed to be at the SEMA show in LA this weekend. They will not let anyone outside of Lotus employees drive them. I've been bugging them about it for a couple of weeks :)

The bordeaux car is a 111R and has test mule written all over it, the silver car has the Fed interior, but still not a final example of what we're getting.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
PLEASE HELP:
I live in San Diego, but would really like to see the Bordeaux Red car in person. I am having trouble judging its real color from digital pictures and the Lotus color chart (the color seems very lighting dependent). It is about a 2.5 hour drive to the LA convention center, so if anyone who goes to the SEMA show Friday or Saturday could verify that a Bordeaux Red Elise is there, then I will probably go on Sunday.

(I would also really like to see Ardent Red and Magnetic Blue in person. I wonder when they will be in So Cal again?)

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
ChrisH said:
PLEASE HELP:
I live in San Diego, but would really like to see the Bordeaux Red car in person. I am having trouble judging its real color from digital pictures and the Lotus color chart (the color seems very lighting dependent). It is about a 2.5 hour drive to the LA convention center, so if anyone who goes to the SEMA show Friday or Saturday could verify that a Bordeaux Red Elise is there, then I will probably go on Sunday.

(I would also really like to see Ardent Red and Magnetic Blue in person. I wonder when they will be in So Cal again?)

By a stroke of chance, i'm going to the show tommorrow. PM your phone number, and I'll call you as soon as I find the cars. But does anyone know who is hosting the cars? A booth number will help.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Hey Chris,

Until you get better pictures more akin to what the car will look like in sunny San Diego, these pictures I'm told are accurate as to how the car will look on a cloudy day. You've probably seen them already...

http://www.elisetalk.com/bordeaux_red.html

Be sure not to confuse anything that looks like bordeaux with ruby red, which is decidely lighter with more candy red in it.

- J

PS: Have you seen the pictures of Ardent and Magnetic from the dealer launch? They look accurate on my monitor.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I've seen many on-line photos (including the ones at the link you sent), but they look quite different on different monitors. So, I am left wondering. The Lotus color sheet looks very different depending on the angle of the light. Best to see the car in person.

Honestly, I would really like a pure red metallic. Lotus, are you listening? :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts