The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to my W/C port mole the first east coast bound container cargo vessel loaded with the first fed Elises has made landfall at the port of New Brunswick??? Can anyone physically verify this insider info?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Lotus has maintained for months that the first cars would hit shore around June 15th.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Perry,
New Brunswick is in CA, now the east coast cars go to Charleston first THEN to Brunswick GA to the distribution facility.
Chris

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
YIT-TIT-EEEEE!!!!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I think he meant Carolina? As in South Carolina?

"I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue"

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Ships make stops all along the East Coast--some cargo (non Lotus obviously) will have to be unloaded in NY/NJ, some in Baltimore sometimes, some up in Canada first...eventually on to SC.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
atyclb said:
Ships make stops all along the East Coast--some cargo (non Lotus obviously) will have to be unloaded in NY/NJ, some in Baltimore sometimes, some up in Canada first...eventually on to SC.
Ahhh... that makes sense. Of course it's not a Lotus only ship.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
New Brunswick NJ doesnt have a port. A small river, but there isnt any way a barge could make it there. I was there the other day for a wedding and sure would have know if there were Elises in town, since all my relatives were hoping I would have mine by then, and would have told me if they had seen one.

I also went to visit Race and Prestige while I was there, which is a few miles away and they definitly would have know if there were any in town. (ps. Thanks for the tour Mitch!)

I think they mean Brunswick GA, where the cars are going after they come into SC.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Port Brunswick would make more sense I think. Thanks perryeyges for the detective work.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Hey how about we get a team together with some ski masks and crow bars and go visit the impound lot where those cars are???:D

·
Registered
758 Posts
Brunswick GA is a major port of entry for imported cars. Hyundai, Mitsubishi, and Volkswagen all use it to bring their vehicles into the US. Several hundred thousand cars a year are brought in through there...

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
JOe,
The cars actually go to Charleston, from their transported to Brunswick distribution center, from there to dealers.
Chris

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
James A said:
Hey how about we get a team together with some ski masks and crow bars and go visit the impound lot where those cars are???:D
Sorry James, but they'd just be waiting for us. ;)

"Ships and ports are terrorism's new frontier
As airports boost security, seaports remain vulnerable ." from http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5069435/

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
off topic tangent...
can you imagine a job where you had to wear all that including those goggles all day? I must count my blessings.

·
Registered
758 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
JOe,
The cars actually go to Charleston, from their transported to Brunswick distribution center, from there to dealers.
Chris
Well, your going to love this, I went up to Ft. Stewart late this afternoon and saw a few Elises on my way back home tonight on I95! Check out the thread I posted about it...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts