The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note there is a link at the bottom of the forums and on the main page

http://www.elisetalk.com/colors.html

This was thrown together by Andrew as an aid in seeing the colors as best we can using pics scoured from around the net. In some cases, the colors will be an approximation of what we think the color will be.

So.... please review and let me know what you think. Do you have better images we should add? Do you think some of our color pics are really off? :)

This is a work in progress, so we will be tweaking it as we go.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Colors

Randy,

I think that the idea of having a single source of reference for the US Colors is a great idea. A couple of comments:

1) it would appear that purple has been added to the US line up

2) the magnetic blue shown is actually Lazer Blue (the color I want but wil not be offered in the US, at least at this point). Magnetic blue is darker and can be seen in Car and Driver's review (dec 2003). The nightfall blue is even darker, almost a blue tinted black. personally, I feel that the blues are far to close to one another and Lotus would have been better served by using Lazer Blue and something in betweeen the 2 that the will offer.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
pics

Thanks for taking the time to get all those pics together.

I think I have really narrowed it down now to either yellow or ardent red...

Although the titanium looks surprisingly good, as does the bordeaux red..

I guess I haven't really narrowed it down....It would be interesting to repeat the poll now that you got those pics ....

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
atyclb said:
why would you use photoshopped pics?

very deceiving
Why would someone feel deceived? Do you feel decieved on the official Elise webpage showing colors? :)

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
atyclb said:
also, the first few pics of Bordeaux are actually Ruby Red.
Agreed. Fixed.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Why would someone feel deceived? Do you feel decieved on the official Elise webpage showing colors? :)
YES!

:p

PS--are you sure the bottom pics of chrome orange are CO?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure at all. But it's close I think. As i said, we will replace the "close" ones with better ones as we get them.

I replaced Magnetic Blue, but I would like some more examples.

And yes, better pics of the purple.

Feedback is great! I will work some more on it later, [sprockets]but now we dance[/sprockets].... or now we go to Six Flags and ride fast rides.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Randy Chase said:

Thanks for the feedback!
Personnally I fell less so than those "things" on the official board. They should be ashamed of those images. The first one looks more like a yellow than orange though.

My choise still are yellow, Green (/w yellow strip added), and Chrome orange. I like lava orange and lazer blue. I wish they were here.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Do we really need two blues that seem to be fairly close in color/shade??? If they want 2 blues, why not ice blue, or aqua???

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
atyclb,
Come on guy, lighten up. Randy is just offering best available information on colors. It's not some conspiracy to fool people. Also, it's pretty easy to tell photoshopped pics in most cases.
CHris

·
Registered
220 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Note there is a link at the bottom of the forums and on the main page
There are links at the bottom of the forums?

*scrolls down*

Wow. Who'd'a thunk?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
atyclb,
Come on guy, lighten up. Randy is just offering best available information on colors. It's not some conspiracy to fool people. Also, it's pretty easy to tell photoshopped pics in most cases.
CHris
I didn't mean to come across that way, honest.

Still, if you're going to try to set up a page that accurately portrays what the colors look like, I just think you shouldn't include photoshopped pics or pics that you're not positive are genuine.

Just a pet peeve of mine. There's a similar page for the M3 and it just really irks me when someone asks to see a certain color combo and they're directed to this M3 site that is about 50% real and 50% PS'ed.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts