The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
am I the first to hear the news?
EDIT: I mean, the second?

Did you hear that one of the media guys wrecked one of the U.S. spec Elise? I heard he was doing 90 mph lost control and smacked the wall ass end first. I'm not sure how much of it is true, but he's in the hospital not doing so well.

Hope he's okay... :(

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Federal Elise demo car wrecked?

nxm150 said:
Actually, if you quoted someone else, you are not the first to hear it.:D
You got me there. First post edited. ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oh no?

Not the start of "Elise Urban Legends"?

I had read a post of it awhile back? Just that someone cracked one? Mad me think show only car by the chronology of the post?

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Oh no?

mslpilot said:
Not the start of "Elise Urban Legends"?

I had read a post of it awhile back? Just that someone cracked one? Mad me think show only car by the chronology of the post?
Not the one that was wrecked when the two demo cars were the only ones in the states. We're talking very recent.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that somebody got injured, I hope it's not too severe. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
If true, sorry to hear this. Occasionally even very good drivers get into trouble. A few years back, a longtime test driver (can't remember if he was working for one of the manufacturers or one of the magazines or what) was killed testing an SUV, IIIRC. Kind of a freak accident, supposedly he wasn't even pushing the vehicle that hard, but something happened. Food for thought.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hey this news stinks, but it does happen all the time. Journalist crash and write off cars more than most people know. I remember like 5 or 6 years ago F1 World Champ Phil Hill was doing a story-test on a new Dodge Viper coupe and crashed it in the Metzgesfeld section of the Nurburing Nordschliefe. The car was a total write off.

Mitch

·
Registered
64 Posts
the new mclaren mercedes SLR was shown to the media in South Africa not too long ago. In journalist drove into the oncoming traffic -> total write off. Another one crashed into the car in front of him. Guess what?

it was another SLR...

it happens all the time.

best wishes for the driver!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Sorry to here this happened. I hope he/she is OK.
PS; Which car got wrecked?

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I'm surprised nobody has bought the car and tried selling the parts on eBay yet, but then maybe it was the Kermit Green one and it looks like a squashed frog that no one wants.

I read that someone from the press wrecked a Porsche GT during a road test. I guess these guys need to take driving instructions. Journalists arent always skilled in driving high performance cars.
I just hope that the driver is OK, and that this is not another April Fools joke.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
The Porsche GT was'nt wrecked (at least the one I heard about). It was a missed 5-2 downshift. The computer registered something like 14000 rpm before the motor let go. The GT is an amazing car.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Customers weren't even allowed to drive the Carrera GT when they visited the Leipzig factory.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts