The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I have been searching the archives but did not find anything about this. I understand that Lotus has an Exige in UK which is using the same engine as the federal Elise.

Is Lotus ever going to import an Exige in the US?

Thanks

AW

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... Sorry I should have seen this during my original search...

This is too bad that Lotus won't import the exige or a supercharged Elise. I haven't driven the federal Elise yet, however, I use to own an S1 Lotus Elise Motorsport and would love to have something similar for the street.

AW

·
Supporting Vendor
4,355 Posts
There are some reports that the Exige will come here. I spoke with a high ranking Lotus employee recently who suggested that the Exige was included in the waivers for the Elise. So bringing it in is possible. Lotus does not need to sell it in the US at the moment since their order log is full.

IMHO: it'll be here in years 3 or 4. At minimum as a track-only car but more likely a street version with a supercharged powerplant.

Ah, wild speculation is such good fun... :D

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
shinoo said:
There are some reports that the Exige will come here. I spoke with a high ranking Lotus employee recently who suggested that the Exige was included in the waivers for the Elise. So bringing it in is possible. Lotus does not need to sell it in the US at the moment since their order log is full.

IMHO: it'll be here in years 3 or 4. At minimum as a track-only car but more likely a street version with a supercharged powerplant.

Ah, wild speculation is such good fun... :D
As long as we're speculating...here's mine: Exige here in MY2006 with the standard Elise engine...just as it currently is in ROW, but with whatever detail changes Lotus makes to the cars for the 2006 MY. I expect it will be sold as a low-volume, high-premium ($$$), halo car to keep the momentum going through 2006.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Something to look forward too ;) I have really found that having the roof on all the time is not that big a problem as I thought it might be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts