The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the latest word on the street:

Criswell Motors in Gaithersburg, MD is getting a federalized test car. They are expecting the car in about two weeks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sweet, I also have a deposit wth them.

Lets meet up there all together as a bit of a show of solidarity while we take the car out. Make sure they know we are all serious they need to gve us a fixed MSRP pricing without any gouginig fees ;)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I talked to Tom this week and he said they are NOT getting a federal car until the car comes out in May/June afterall.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I don't think they'll be getting test cars. The two I had experience were going to get the hell beat out of them, the bodywork had damage, not to mention all the non functioning components etc. The airbags in the test cars were mockups only. It seems unlikely.

Chris

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ok that makes more sense. When I talked to tom originally, he said the first shipment of Elises would include a dedicated car for test/demo purposes. They CANNOT sell it for some 90 days after receipt. My guess is it will include the touring package, as will any extra cars they get after the 90 day hold period)

(Be aware, most car companies try to fill orders as quickly as possible, but they also send out "standard" cars that are NOT on the order books. Lotus may just do this with one car out of each order set to each dealer. So if you go there and they have a lotus in stock, but its not a pre-order, don't feel as if criswell or any dealer is screwing you. They probably didn't even know it was coming so its on the floor and they are going to sell it off the order books since it might not perfectly match what you want. A dealer must keep foot traffic in the showroom if they want a long term customer sales relationship! If everyone thinks it will be impossible to get a car for the next 2 years, they will buy something else in the meantime. If there is a CHANCE, albeit small, that they might get something they will more than likely wait. Possibly even show up and take the showroom car, even if it isn't exactly what they want.)

Scot

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Derek said:
Here is the latest word on the street:

Criswell Motors in Gaithersburg, MD is getting a federalized test car. They are expecting the car in about two weeks.
So this is not a car that is going to tour the country but one that'll stay at Criswell correct? Ergo other dealers will be getting one as well. Hmm, piss poor weather in my neck of the woods, I wonder if they'll let anbody take their new toy off the floor while it's winter.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Federalized test car coming

babak said:
So this is not a car that is going to tour the country but one that'll stay at Criswell correct? Ergo other dealers will be getting one as well. Hmm, piss poor weather in my neck of the woods, I wonder if they'll let anbody take their new toy off the floor while it's winter.
I heard it would tour just like the Euro cars did. I could be wrong I heard the info from another buyer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I also have my deposit with Criswell

Interesting, looks like if found all the Criswell deposit people. I am number 102 on the list. Will likely wait well into 2005. :(

·
Registered
178 Posts
It looks like I need to clarify this a bit.

All I am saying is that one of the first group of cars to arrive at Criswell should be a showroom only car. This car cannot be sold for 90 days and will be available for test drives etc.

There MAY be show cars touring the country, with testing allowed. Then again there may not. I know nothing about that, but in May/June/December 2009 when the elise finally gets here, one of those first official federalized cars will be available in the showroom.

Scot

( )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts