The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be honest, not since my hunt for a 944S2 Cab have I felt this rabidly toward a vehicle. I feel like a crack addict on the lookout for my next tid bit fix about elise. I'm a bit obsessive compulsive anyway so it's not uncommon for the issue du jour to completely take over my mind, but even by those standards this is rediculous. So here goes:
Hi, I'm Babak and I'm addicted to driving.

cheers,

·
Registered
607 Posts
My cravings in this regard won't be sated until late next year or early '05. :mad:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
L8BRAKR said:
I only know of one and hopefully it will be in my garage come May:D
L8BRAKR, did you order your car through Scottsdale Lotus? Mark Wood? Did they give you a waiting list number?

All I've been told is that I will be in the second allocation, which should be between May to June (assuming car's starting arriving in April). My deposit receipt only says Elise @ MSRP.

I'm just a bit nervous. I'm past the addiction point and in the neurotic as [email protected] stage. :(

·
Registered
296 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
L8BRAKR, did you order your car through Scottsdale Lotus? Mark Wood? Did they give you a waiting list number?

All I've been told is that I will be in the second allocation, which should be between May to June (assuming car's starting arriving in April). My deposit receipt only says Elise @ MSRP.

I'm just a bit nervous. I'm past the addiction point and in the neurotic as [email protected] stage. :(

Yes my deposit is at Scottsdale.

I haven't dealt with Mark yet (maybe said hi) since I talked to others first and he was helping other people or absent the few times I have stopped.

I think they were holding some of the top spots for VIP's or what not so they didn't want to put firm numbers on the deposit receipts. I didn't get my # (17) until last week.

I wouldn't worry about being nervous, they seem like good people and I look forward to my transaction (and many years of service)

I too am addicted. I haven't even seen an S2 yet let alone drive one. Have you? I can't imagine how uncontrollable I would be if I had. I almost caught a flight to Tampa to check out the red car at Dimmitt last weekend, but decided to forego that trip and promise myself I would go to the LA Show.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Thanks. I did get to see the silver S2 they had in early September. Here's link to some photos:

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=746

I did call them this week and they said they were suppose to have another demo model coming with a few weeks. I think it is a Toyota powered Elise with a Euro interior.

I may stop by tomorrow just to introduce myself to a sale person and find out what number I am on the waiting list.

No sleep tonight for me.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sorry, I have seen those but forgot you had posted them. The car they speak of could be the bordeaux (did I spell that right) red car Clyde had in GA that was said to be heading to California (I can't think of a better pit stop, can you?)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
You may be an addict if:

1) You belong to more than one forum pertaining to the Elise.

2) You need to check for new posts more than once per day.

3) You have Elise photos on your computer's screensaver/desktop background.

4) You own a toy model Elise.

5) You daydream while driving about actually being in your Elise.

The cure for this condition is under development, but will require several more months before it is available.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
jml1952 said:
You may be an addict if:

1) You belong to more than one forum pertaining to the Elise. Check

2) You need to check for new posts more than once per day. Check (per day - how about once per hour ?)

3) You have Elise photos on your computer's screensaver/desktop background. Check

4) You own a toy model Elise. Check check (one for home, one for the office :) )

5) You daydream while driving about actually being in your Elise. Check

The cure for this condition is under development, but will require several more months before it is available.

·
Registered
296 Posts
jml1952 said:
You may be an addict if:

1) You belong to more than one forum pertaining to the Elise.

2) You need to check for new posts more than once per day.

3) You have Elise photos on your computer's screensaver/desktop background.

4) You own a toy model Elise.

5) You daydream while driving about actually being in your Elise.

1) Check
2) Check
3) Check
4) Check
5) Check

Now that I'm diagnosed when are the coma inducing drugs to help pass the time.:D

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
You forgot one symptom:

6) You cannot hold a single conversation with anyone, whether it be your doctor, your coworker, or even a stranger on the street, without bringing up the elise as a topic of conversation.

·
Registered
206 Posts
7) has actually dreamt about their (future) car.

8) is willing to spend huge amounts of cash on using the car on track days and road trips

9) feel pity towards people with overweight sports cars - if only they knew what it was like to drive an Elise, they wouldn't have wasted all that money on a Ferrari/Porsche/Laborghini ;) :p

10) is the sort of person who get/will get much much more fun from driving the car than looking at it.

Note: I've only hit 6/10 of these so there's hope for me yet...

Another Note: I thought this thread was about something rude until I opened it :eek: ;)

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
You forgot one symptom:

6) You cannot hold a single conversation with anyone, whether it be your doctor, your coworker, or even a stranger on the street, without bringing up the elise as a topic of conversation.
Whenever I think to bring up the Elise with a friend (and it actually follows the flow of our conversation), I restrain. Why? It's annoying when someone talks about something they are getting in the near or distant future.

#5 though, thinking of the Elise while driving! Absolutely. It's damn near impossible to do so while driving my Mercedes, because I find that to be a wonderful car in its own right, but I always do when in the Honda.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I gave in to the craving!

I haven't been this excited about a car in a long while! And yes, my friends are tired of me talking about the Elise incessantly! And I STILL can't decide on color!

To help ease the addiciton, I went out and bought 2 1:18 scale Elise 111s models (made by Jadi). Why two? Because I couldn't decide between Ardent Red and Lightning Yellow! And I saw on the box that there is a Blue version of the Elise as well! I had the store call their Massachusetts to see if they had the blue model! (They didn't.)

So between jumping onto this forum and SELOC, and staring at the two Elise models on my desk, and driving an Elise in "Need For Speed: High Stakes" on the computer... I'm absolutely going mad!

Bob K.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Out of the closet

Hi Babak, I'm Marvin and I'm addicted to the thought of the Elise.

Honestly though, I'm glad I am. This is what life is about. Thrills, excitement, desire! I describe my previous charactar as predictable and monotone. I sold me Lexus GS3 becuase it didn't excite and bought Ford Taurus for goods sake! Luckily a friend of mine with an Esprit introduced me to the Elise, took me for a REAL spin in his car (managing to scare the living Sh%t out of me) and gave me the Red Pill consequently showing me how far the rabbit hole went. :>)

Since that day, I've placed my deposit for the Elise and been a changed man. On the forums is where you'll find me on my spare time nowadays. This is our little Matrix, our own Lotus Centered World!!

Ahhh. It feels good to come out

Don't get mistaken do, I don't go that other route, even though there isn't anything wrong with those of you that do :>)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts